Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

With all due respect,this thread is not for opinions of anyones fancy for a horse,its solely a tips thread.

Hope you got on it droidman :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Shalaman would be getting weight from a few of these in a handicap and would appear to have little chance in the last at Dundalk tonight.
    The only reason he is running is in the hope that he will be raised enough to get into the lucrative good Friday meeting at Lingfield.
    Connections hope he can come with a late run and challenge the more obvious contenders and the horse is in fine form.
    Despite their optimism I have backed Shalaman ew without the fav at 11/2 with PP as I believe that is the value bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭droidman123

keano25 wrote: »
    Hope you got on it droidman :pac:

Didn't back a horse today.I still stand by what I said though,no part of his post suggested this was a tip,nice win all the same.

Shalaman would be getting weight from a few of these in a handicap and would appear to have little chance in the last at Dundalk tonight.
    The only reason he is running is in the hope that he will be raised enough to get into the lucrative good Friday meeting at Lingfield.
    Connections hope he can come with a late run and challenge the more obvious contenders and the horse is in fine form.
    Despite their optimism I have backed Shalaman ew without the fav at 11/2 with PP as I believe that is the value bet.

Great tip. Didnt back anything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Good man

• Advertisement

Played safe and got a result,still the 14/1 available all day would have been nice but I did not take any of it.The race worked out as planned and Lingfield on good Friday is something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Didn't back a horse today.I still stand by what I said though,no part of his post suggested this was a tip,nice win all the same.

He posted it in the tips thread.

bladespin wrote: »
    He posted it in the tips thread.

Exactly my point,read the post,it was a fancy rather than a tip.

Exactly my point,read the post,it was a fancy rather than a tip.

Think you're missing the point, I doubt very much he would have posted here without intending it as a tip, however it read should is of no consequence.

bladespin wrote: »
    Think you're missing the point, I doubt very much he would have posted here without intending it as a tip, however it read should is of no consequence.

There's a "tips" thread and a "fancies" thread for a reason. Anyway I'm done with all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lads

Seriously

Not again :(

Apologies - Now back to us all winning (hopefully;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I probably rambled a but too much in the post, but....

I posted it as a tip, but also wanted to give people most of the information I had to form an opinion too. I could have posted "Mossies Well... GET ON IT NOW," but wanted the people reading to understand why it was a good bet, not just say it was a good bet.

There are enough people on Twitter/Facebook conning people these days (which I find annoying), that the first time I had a chance to post something I though was very worthwhile that I wanted to explain my reasoning.

If all that resulted in me sound less sure, then I guess that was my fault, but I felt it was something that had a really good chance so I posted itere. It wasn't 'info' nor did I get word from anyone, but it was something I felt strongly enough about to post in this section - even though I usually post most of my bets (that have both won and lost) in 'Fancies'

Anyways, sorry for taking this thread so off topic. It was only an 9/4 afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

We. Have. Moved. On.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Still for 'tips only' in fairness.

A fella has passed on "word from the yard" for black HURCULES Friday at Cheltenham in the novices race.

This guy is very hit and miss with his info but he does hit often in fairness.

It's not a massive tip as the horse is currently favourite and shortening in price.

He's 11/2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

A fella has passed on "word from the yard" for black HURCULES Friday at Cheltenham in the novices race.

This guy is very hit and miss with his info but he does hit often in fairness.

It's not a massive tip as the horse is currently favourite and shortening in price.

He's 11/2 now

He's 20/1 on Bet365?

paulb06 wrote: »
    He's 20/1 on Bet365?

Are you sure that's not Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Are you sure that's not Wednesday

Sorry my bad it is.

The same guy who gave me that word, gave me a "tip" for a horse that finished 8th over the weekend...

As I said, very hit and miss, but he seems fairly sure on this one and, again, he's clearly not a million miles out seeings as the horse is favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Got word for Smashing 25/1tomorrow in the 2.05. Was told that he is flying it at home. Un De Seaux is the hot favourite and paddy power are refunding as a freebet to all losers to it, so maybe smashing is one to consider.

Got very good word for Gallant Oscar in the 2 40 at Chel ,trained by Tony Martin connections were told "i will be surprised if he is out of the first 4".Only just crept into the race and in typical Martin style has spent most of the past year running over hurdles and as a result gets in on his irish mark.
    I backed it at 16s (Ladbrokes) and while it is a very competitive handicap the right trainer has the horse and with Cooper on board he does represent a bit of value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Got word for Smashing 25/1tomorrow in the 2.05. Was told that he is flying it at home. Un De Seaux is the hot favourite and paddy power are refunding as a freebet to all losers to it, so maybe smashing is one to consider.

10/1 on Betfair in the Betting Without Un De Sceaux market. Might be a good option for those who don't see UDS getting beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Got very good word for Gallant Oscar in the 2 40 at Chel ,trained by Tony Martin connections were told "i will be surprised if he is out of the first 4".Only just crept into the race and in typical Martin style has spent most of the past year running over hurdles and as a result gets in on his irish mark.
    I backed it at 16s (Ladbrokes) and while it is a very competitive handicap the right trainer has the horse and with Cooper on board he does represent a bit of value.

10/1 best price now. Seems to be some confidence in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

No more heroes and whisper. I work in the bookies and these are tips... But look it I'm just letting ye know OK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Niallers87

stevief01 wrote: »
    No more heroes and whisper. I work in the bookies and these are tips... But look it I'm just letting ye know OK!!!

do these run tomorrow, thursday or friday~~?

thanks for sharing btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭CH3OH

stevief01 wrote: »

Whisper World Hurdle Thursday 12th 15:20

No More Heroes Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) (Registered As The Spa Novices' Hurdle) Friday 13th 14:40

p.s. (At first I didn't realise that the names of the horses were in the first sentence)

p.p.s it would be great if when people post a horse that they include meeting and time for the less knowledgeable( me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nice e/w. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

CH3OH wrote: »
    Whisper World Hurdle Thursday 12th 15:20

No More Heroes Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) (Registered As The Spa Novices' Hurdle) Friday 13th 14:40

p.s. (At first I didn't realise that the names of the horses were in the first sentence)

p.p.s it would be great if when people post a horse that they include meeting and time for the less knowledgeable( me!)

P.S. I didn't have to share them but I did!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ManagerXI

Willie Mullins' Champagne Fever has been ruled out of today's Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase at the Cheltenham Festival

The two-times Festival scorer was officially withdrawn after he suffered an injury in his box this morning.

Champagne Fever, the intended mount of Ruby Walsh, had been challenging for favouritism behind Sire De Grugy and Sprinter Sacre in the two-mile championship.

Sire De Grugy looks good now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement