Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Resolutions : Improving The Diet

Options
  • 01-01-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

The time of resolutions is upon us! Anybody got any with relation to their diet?
    I'm gonna try give up bread(was never a big bread eater, maybe 3-4 slices a week max, why eat something you don't need?) and breakfast cereals(this will be pretty hard for me, bye bye Special K :(). Bread shouldn't be a problem and won't really need a replacement. I plan to replace the breakfast cereals in the morning with porridge or maybe a boiled egg or two, perhaps I could get away with museli too. I'll attempt to drink more water as well!

Anyone out there doing anything similar? :) Now's the time!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I want to loose half a stone in weight through a combination of healthy eating and exercise. My BMI is currently 22 but I prefer being skinnier. I want to swim every morning before work and cut down on mayonaise (I could go through 2 jars a week).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aye, I'm finally going to properly get my ass in gear! (I say this every year though :()

Cutting out carbs after 7, cutting out junk food, upping my protein intake. I also plan to finally make use of my gym membership!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I'm going to remember that I eat nothing by accident. Every single thing that goes in my mouth got there because I put it there. So before I eat, I'm going to ask myself "Am I actually hungry? Is this food so wonderful that it's worth breaking my diet for?"

Oh yeah, and I'm going to spend less time surfing and more time squatting.

Advertisement