Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spammer gets owned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Boards would have closed the thread on the first page.

Which would be a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Forky wrote: »
    Boards would have closed the thread on the first page.
    Probably, but that would be the fault of Irish libel law, not harsh modding.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

agamemnon wrote: »
    Probably, but that would be the fault of Irish libel law, not harsh modding.

I actually think it would have been deleted fairly quickly because it was spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

this is the reason I love the net

I actually think it would have been deleted fairly quickly because it was spam.
    Yep, reported, binned, banned, end of story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

saw it, own of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Brilliant... i could not read it all but after 2 pages it was enough....
    Was having problems anyway due to server overload!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

In fairness isnt becoming a victim of spam just like hunting in the wild e.g. the wilyest of the bunch wont be caught. I have been online 7 years and I get no more than maybe one spam a week, if that. I have never received a phishing email, and I have never received a tale of African coups and fund transfers in my inbox (Ive always wanted to receive one so I could take the piss, but they have never found me). If I am signing up for anything I think will pass on my email to the spamsters, I just use an email address I reserve for this kind of crap, rather than my personal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No its not that simple... you might never give your email address out but eventually it will be randomly added to a spam database somewhere, could even be because someone else's email gets hacked and your address is in there.

Anyway this was forum spam, not email.... this guy made up a fake story with a link to a.... no wait im not typing it, its clear from the link :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

that thread makes me happy in my pants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

There is another one here i read a couple weeks ago.Well worth a read,some nice eye candy too.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/650319-ebay-scumbag.html

Id want to crawl into a hole and die :o

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    In fairness isnt becoming a victim of spam just like hunting in the wild e.g. the wilyest of the bunch wont be caught. I have been online 7 years and I get no more than maybe one spam a week, if that. I have never received a phishing email, and I have never received a tale of African coups and fund transfers in my inbox (Ive always wanted to receive one so I could take the piss, but they have never found me). If I am signing up for anything I think will pass on my email to the spamsters, I just use an email address I reserve for this kind of crap, rather than my personal one.
    The fewer places your email address is placed the less likely you are to be spammed, but the likes of yahoo are just bombarded with "dictionary" type attacks, the fevorite source is unsecured guestbooks, I never sign them. If one of your contacts get their addressbook hacked then you're stuffed - that's what happened to one of my older addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

padi89 wrote: »
    There is another one here i read a couple weeks ago.Well worth a read,some nice eye candy too.

Id want to crawl into a hole and die :o

That's a good one too. Serves her right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Finally got to read the thread. Fantastically brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

thought it was pretty crap to be honest... a load of sad little people jumping on the band wagon. glad boards wouldnt allow such a thread here. Libel laws are there for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i agree that 90% of that thread is pure ****e but the core posts were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Of course not. How could he have gotten the details if the paedophile removed everything.

Omg what a thread. That is unreal ! That guy is going to kill himself for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I got to page 13 before being unable to read anymore, someone's going to back the thread up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I actually feel sorry for the guy. Not the full shilling, but he's kinda hot ;)
    His life is pretty much fcucked now.

WindSock wrote: »
    His life is pretty much fcucked now.

Wind this guy is totally ****ed, they have his name & address! Can you imagine the amount of abuse hes getting in his home town! I see other forums spam with those funny cats too, I think it was page 21... very very funny

Not to mention the fact that he's probably been added to every direct mailling list available, especially plain brown wrapping types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Seems to be a great week for internet warriors.

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6322401
    http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98489

Let this be a lesson to everyone out there that your piracy can be none existent on the web. Which is a reason why i dont have a myspace account, facebook, bebo or any other social networking websites. I dont have a youtube account. I use different usernames for everything i use. I never use my real name, ever. I dont post much on boards even though ive been here lurking for 7-8 year for fear of people knowing too much information about me.

I reckon i could/along with most people track down a user from this forum. Beware who you piss of on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Funniest ownage ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I dont get why people are saying that the thread would have to be closed here because of libel laws! They did not post untrue information. They posted whois information and government database information. Where is the libel in that? Admittedly I havent been able to read the entire thread because of server overload but what have I missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

WindSock wrote: »

If you're 15 you're quids in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cupid Stunt

Just read it all, I think it got a bit out of control, people driving by his house at 4am shouting abuse at his girlfriend and baby etc, there's only a certain amount of 'ownage' a guy can get and sometimes internet mob mentality can get out of hand.

Plus the fact that 95% of the thread is 'look at my forum' posts which are just spam in themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Plus the fact that 95% of the thread is 'look at my forum' posts which are just spam in themselves

First post ? would your name start with an ' N ' by any chance ?

Advertisement