Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 200W v 250W

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dinkydee

So if you buy from Elara, do you get old maps?, then you have to register with Garmin and wait for a delivery of new maps from Garmin ? or can you just download them?

Also with Elara does the 250w come with a windscreen mount? or do you have to pay extra for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

dinkydee wrote: »
    So if you buy from Elara, do you get old maps?, then you have to register with Garmin and wait for a delivery of new maps from Garmin ? or can you just download them?

Also with Elara does the 250w come with a windscreen mount? or do you have to pay extra for that?

That is not what I am suggesting, I am saying that no matter who you get Garmin off if you get old maps it is not a problem as you can get the new maps for free anyway. The point of Garmin doing this is so there won't be issues with customers getting older maps. I am not sure if you can download it.

Mount comes with the unit, as they all do.

p.s. When I got my Garmin we did not do Garmin, as some of you might know we only brought it in a few months ago. I have had mine for nearly a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Elara have now upped their price on the Garmin Nuvi 250w by about E23 it is now cheaper to buy it in a bricks and mortar shop. Peats have it for E239.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭jamesd

Expansys upped their price too today, Ordered mine last friday before the increase.

Sorry guys, Garmin had a special promo on(I was not aware of this myself sorry). Shops that have them stocked might not know this until they restock so get them while they are still discounted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

was in halfords checking prices on these today & ran a comparison with online prices

Garmin Nuvi 200w
    pixmania.ie - €212 + €12.90 delivery = €224.90
    dabs.ie - €173.58 + €13.50 delivery = €187.08
    komplett.ie - n/a
    expansys.ie - €198.95 + €6.95 (Ireland - Int'l Signed For) = €205.90
    halfords (in store) - €199.99

Garmin Nuvi 250w
    pixmania.ie - €223 + €12.90 delivery = €235.90
    dabs.ie - €217.41 + €13.50 delivery = €230.91
    komplett.ie - €230 + €12 delivery (an post) = €242
    expansys.ie - €214.95 + €6.95 (Ireland - Int'l Signed For) = €221.90
    halfords (in store) - €269.99

Did anybody actually buy a garman 200w or 250w in halfords at the sale prices,I've been trying since Christmas but they have been out of stock until yesterday and guess what the old pre sale prices are back(€269-200w,€299-250w)I was assured by staff I could buy at sale prices when they came back into stock,are there consumer laws against this:mad:?

Just wanted to let you guys know that we should be doing a deal on some Garmin 250W. Won't let you know the price yet but a hint is that it will be cheaper that most of the prices prices you see above... and that includes the 200w. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

hi5 wrote: »
    I was assured by staff I could buy at sale prices when they came back into stock,are there consumer laws against this:mad:?

Unfortunately we don't know when prices are going to go back up, we get sent print-offs the night before and they are put up that night or the following morning before opening, so can't guarantee that it'll be at the price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

hi5 wrote: »
    Did anybody actually buy a garman 200w or 250w in halfords at the sale prices,I've been trying since Christmas but they have been out of stock until yesterday and guess what the old pre sale prices are back(€269-200w,€299-250w)I was assured by staff I could buy at sale prices when they came back into stock,are there consumer laws against this:mad:?

I did, got the 250W for 269.99 in Halfords. Although looking at what Kin was saying, might be worth your while keeping an eye on Elara...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Hi folks if anyone's interested the 250 is down to €175 on komplett now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

eamon234 wrote: »
    Hi folks if anyone's interested the 250 is down to €175 on komplett now

It has been €173 on pixmania for the last while.

Advertisement