Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Dolan - 1943-2007

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Seeya Joe, ya legend ya.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Binomate wrote: »

If Joe is dead... I would assume, now I could be wrong, that he couldn't update the website? And his family, and workers, would be that bit to upset to be taking the time to head onto the interweb and let folks know how he is getting on?

Anyway, considering a number of news articles said he is dead - including RTE. I think its safe to say: Joe has passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Sully wrote: »
    If Joe is dead... I would assume, now I could be wrong, that he couldn't update the website? And his family, and workers, would be that bit to upset to be taking the time to head onto the interweb and let folks know how he is getting on?

Anyway, considering a number of news articles said he is dead - including RTE. I think its safe to say: Joe has passed away.

Sully binomate was refering to the text on homepage that said he made a full recovery. Was sarcasm, and in poor taste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

pride of westmeath. a damn good ireland's answer to tom jones. isn't he one of few that had hits in over 4 different decades? some going. rip

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

TheGooner wrote: »
    Sully binomate was refering to the text on homepage that said he made a full recovery. Was sarcasm, and in poor taste.

Nothing new there..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wow thats a massive shock.

R.I.P.

A true entertainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

RIP Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

RIP Dude ! me ma is sad to see you go ! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

RIP Joe !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

very sad news...may he rest in peace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

James Brown last year, Joe Dolan this year. The hardest working men in showbusiness have left the stage...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Joe inspired one of the funniest incidents in my life. Cheers Joe. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Was never a fan of his music but his name is one I grew up hearing.

By several accounts by people I knew who met him he was incredibly charming and a true gent. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just a small note: Midlands 103 (103.5fm) will be doing a tribute to him tomorrow morning (9:30 - 12 I think). Presented by Ricey Scully, and with many people associated with Joe over the years. Incase anyone is interested in listening in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

A pro who worked hard, and sent them home sweating. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Joe Dolan - Legend - RIP Joe, my thoughts and prayers are with your family tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

RIP Joe. Legend! Sad day... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Got a Joe Dolan CD that was free with a newspaper a few months ago. Not a bad singer, considering it's not exactly my style of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Poor Joe, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

RIP Joe

He was the first western pop star to perform in the Soviet Union

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

deisemum wrote: »

Is that true?

sad to see someone go so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

There's no show like a Joe show !! Legend.

RIP Joe, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭RINO87

theres no show like a joe show!!! a real star that will be greatly missed (unlike a certain ms. french). this puts things in perspective. fair play joe, we even forgive your crimes against blur/radiohead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

RIP Joe

Yep it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cossmick

yeah just heard the news on 2fm

may you RIP Joe
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Yep it's true.

Yeah 1987 I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its still mad to believe a coke head like katie french gets more media attention that a actualy celebrity who has earned the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

Pythia wrote: »
    Only 64. So young!

There seems to be some dispute about his age, 64 or 68 ? If history is repeating itself it may be 68, still far to young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm upset to hear about Joe. May he continue to entertain in his new abode in the sky!
    I won't ever be throwing my knickers at him now.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Sad to hear of the passing of this Irish legend. :( Saw him just a few months ago - he put on a great performance. The auld ones were mad for him! ;)

"There's no show like a Joe show".:)

Advertisement