Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dark Tower

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Coriolanus wrote: »
    I really need to give these another go. I loved the first book and some of the short stories he did, I think for the Legends anthologies and got as far as book 4, but my enjoyment steadily decreased from 1-4.

Same. I didn't even get through Song for Susannah (is that book 4... 5?) and Wolves was a chore to get through. Have to pick them up again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

me_irl wrote: »
    Same. I didn't even get through Song for Susannah (is that book 4... 5?) and Wolves was a chore to get through. Have to pick them up again though.

I'm on 7 now, there's a notable shift in tone and style from start to finish. I understand that by a certain point, he had to try to wrap the story up; and that artists change over time, rarely for the better; but parts of 5 seem so lazy, schlocky even. That was the low-point for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

I read the first 4 books years ago and some stage and still had them in my book collection for some reason. Restarted The Gunslinger. I am about half way through and I have no recollection of reading this before. Some of the characters are vaguely familiar . Its like a first time read, maybe I did not read them after all.....

Advertisement