Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does unsalted air popped popcorn compare to other whole grains?

Options
  • 19-12-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭

In some other threads I saw people saying popcorn was not that great. It is basically a wholegrain though isnt it? is it the heating that effects it? or is corn not that great to begin with.

Was thinking of getting a air popping machine.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's usually what is added to the packets of the stuff. Microwave popcorn etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

rubadub wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting a air popping machine.

don't, air popped popcorn tastes like crap

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jsb wrote: »
    don't, air popped popcorn tastes like crap
    Got it anway. I quite like the taste, I had tried them before in a mates house. I put on low fat, high protein grated cheese, no salt.

Some commercial brands are now air popped, some just miss the oil so it doesnt taste right. I was thinking of getting a spray to put a little sesame oil on them once cooked, probably better as it will not be heated.

€20 in argos. Dunnes had homer simpson ones for €15, didnt look great though.

Advertisement