Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Accent

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

The Cork or Donegal accents on chicks.. Boing!!
    When we talk about the 'Cork' accent are we referring to the real city accent? As there are different accents in all parts of Cork city/county.
    If it's the real city accent we're on about..oh good lord you need your ears checked..its desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    If it's the real city accent we're on about..oh good lord you need your ears checked..its desperate!

It isn't the pikey accent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I demand an American accent! Nothing better than a sexy asian with an American accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its gotta be a fukin cark accent, yis langers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sligo townie ftw. "Well boi, wats dah craic". How could that not make a young lady explode with lust?
    That accent is really growing on me, mink buff etc.... love it:D Love the proper townie Carleh accent too. Sick of hearing D4 / Wexford accents .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mc23

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    What's a Tipperary accent?

Tipperary accent= Pat Short

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Went for 'other munster'
    There's something about the Tipp accent I must say:)

I thought "other Munster" meant someone other than Herman. I would have said Lily myself. I always had a soft spot for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

mc23 wrote:
    What's a Tipperary accent?

Tipperary accent= Pat Short

Tipperary culchie maybe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ardee just for a bloke I used to live with by the name of Chalky.

Best accent ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Ardee just for a bloke I used to live with by the name of Chalky.

Best accent ever!

Ha, he's my mate. I live beside him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've always had a soft spot for the Kerry accent "Oi'll get de shtick outta de back of the cearr!"

I despise the knacker Dublin accent. With the men it seems to be a lazy, nasal, gutteral drone and it's a shrill, throaty, harsh bark with the women.

I also can't stand the way some people in north connaght say "Hah??" instead of "sorry?" or "pardon"?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

WHO voted for Yuppie Dublin accent? Was it a pisstake? it's excruciating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

I also love the way some people in north connaght say "Hah??" instead of "sorry?" or "pardon"?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ha, he's my mate. I live beside him.

I still remember the first thing he ever said to me; "Do you know xxx yyy? Small guy, looks like Frodo!"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Donegal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I still remember the first thing he ever said to me; "Do you know xxx yyy? Small guy, looks like Frodo!"

I'll be sure to tell him.

Advertisement