Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want to DO with your lives?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Couple of questions:

1)are you in your dream job at the moment? if not, are you going to do anything about it?
    2)what hopes, dreams, and aspirations do you have?

I'm stuck in a rut...i have no idea what I wanna do (careers-wise.) It sucks! I like dealing with people...doing reception work at the mo, but I don't wanna be stuck doing that all my life...even though I enjoy it, but there's not much room for progression..

Other hopes/dreams are I wanna travel more, have a family, ermmmmm...and just be happy i guess!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Yore Ma! :D

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have a great job but it's just not fulfilling. I've signed up to be shipped off to help the poor people, I'm just waiting on the results of the interview to see how I get on.

Ultimately I have this dream about becoming a politician and changing the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Couple of questions:

1)are you in your dream job at the moment? if not, are you going to do anything about it?

Couple of answers
    1)not dream job but close to and could turn into it in a few months (by being made permanint)
    2)My hopes are simple, I hope my child has a happy and fulfilled life and i hope the same for both myself and my partner
    My dreams are to spend as much time living and loving as i can
    I would like to aspirer to a more calmer and happier person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I have always dreamed of being a baseball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'm happy where I am, work wise. Although I am going around the world on a 1 year trip in January meaning I have to give it up. Hope I can get my job back when I return.

Tough decision, but at 26 if I don't do it now I never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

1)Yes, albeit part time, but only part time because I'm also studying my dream course.

2)Publish a few more books, get a few more high end jobs, open up my own studio, bit more fame wouldn't go astray either - Though the only reason most of those haven't happened is because I want to pick up a piece of fancy paper that says Fine Art Degree on it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

The job I have now is not the one I expected to have, but it is in my primary field of interest and in fact a much better position than I would originally have anticipated. In short, I love my work :D

Regards goals in life, that's a tricky one for me, I definitely didn't plan to wind up where I am now, but it's going great, so I'm keeping an open mind about the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

ozzyoh wrote: »
    This is gonna be the most boring post :D but I have a great job and am in a very good place at the moment. Just want things to stay this way for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

1) Well I'm still in college. The job prospects are certainly lucrative but I'd more interested in classical studies or something actually interesting.

2) Nice house, relatively comfortable life (via getting a job in the field which I'm studying please God). And of course the trophy wife and two kids. And a nice collection of cars. That's the main thing. Whenever I picture all these things I imagine myself in America for some reason :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Couple of questions:

1)I assume you dont mean footballer or austronaught, so Yes, but I'm quitting in January to go travelling for 18 months. May or may not get it back.
    2)I assume you mean in terms of a career? To own my own company and to make a difference. But also to be happy and to not to prostitute (not literally!) myself just to make more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Kemos wrote: »
    I have always dreamed of being a baseball

I can help you Im willing to takes swings at you with a baseball bat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Rob_l wrote: »
    I can help you Im willing to takes swings at you with a baseball bat

I'm not a baseball yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

I'm not in my dream job, but I don't know what my dream job is anyway. I like my job, have only been in it six months and still learning so much. I'd be happy to potter on like this for a few years anyway, just enjoying life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I wanna get to the end of it without dying

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Your threads started : posts made ratio is inspiring ozzyoh. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Your threads started : posts made ratio is inspiring ozzyoh. :p

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 liz T

Im enjoying my job and happy with life but if you are thinking about your hopes and dreams then you must need more out of life than just a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I want to get a thousand posts before Christmas then come the new year I can happily die with my life's work complete

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What do you mean?

You're a little legend. Now carry on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

I vant a viscount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

The-Rigger wrote: »
    You're a little legend. Now carry on. ;)

Bless!

Couple of questions:

I'm stuck in a rut...i have no idea what I wanna do (careers-wise.) It sucks! I like dealing with people...doing reception work at the mo, but I don't wanna be stuck doing that all my life...even though I enjoy it, but there's not much room for progression..

Other hopes/dreams are I wanna travel more, have a family, ermmmmm...and just be happy i guess!

1)I am in a good job for my age and a nice income to match, but I regret not doing something involving history as I loved it in school and still love it now. I am a bit skeptical about next year in the business I am involved in(mortgages) as a reccession is on the cards. So dunno what the future holds TBH.

2)Hmm, Denise Richards in a hot bath? Winning the Euro Millions would be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Live, love and travel without restraint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

I have it split into present and long-term:

1. Keep a steady part-time job to see me through college (rent,food,nights out)
    2. Finish my course with the best results I can (4 yrs - product design)

3. Find myself an internship with a design company - work on my own ideas

4. Get started on the property ladder

Ireland (short term) and Austria (long term)

5. Travel around - at least 3 yrs out, at some stage, to see as much as I can

6. Start a family (mid 30's)

7. Retire early (mid 40's)

That's the plan at its most basic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I wanna rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Bambi wrote: »
    I wanna rock

Turn it down you say,
    Well all I got to say to you is time again I say, "No!"
    No! No, No, No, No, No!
    Tell me not to play
    Well, all I got to say to you when you tell me not to play,
    I say, "No!"
    No! No, No, No, No, No!
    So, if you ask me why I like the way I play it
    There's only one thing I can say to you

Damm you Bambi *goes off to find twisted sister CD*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wanna rock
    If he's getting a rock I want a rock too. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I have this plan to drink as many different kinds of beer as possible. I also plan to live in Belgium to aid in the completion of this exact target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

I wanna rock

I'm gonna rock!! :D

Seriously lads though, really reckon love in all its glory, be it filial, parental, platonic, romantic or otherwise has to be the most important thing.

Everything else can be replaced or overcome.

Advertisement