Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you send Christmas cards?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Or is it going out of style? Methinks it is.

(Poll coming)

Do you send Christmas cards? 94 votes

Under 18 - yes
    0% 0 votes
    Under 18 - no
    1% 1 vote
    18-24 - yes
    6% 6 votes
    18-24 - no
    12% 12 votes
    25-34 - yes
    29% 28 votes
    25-34 - no
    15% 15 votes
    35-44 - yes
    22% 21 votes
    35-44 - no
    5% 5 votes
    45-54 - yes
    0% 0 votes
    45 - 54 - no
    3% 3 votes
    55 - 64 - yes
    1% 1 vote
    55 - 64 - no
    0% 0 votes
    65 or over - yes
    0% 0 votes
    65 or over - no
    1% 1 vote
    Atari Jaguar - yes
    0% 0 votes
    Atari Jaguar - no
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nope.

Well, my folks do, but we (myself and the girlfriend) won't be sending any

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sent aload earlier today, ireland, england and europe, its more personal than an email or a txt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

rb_ie wrote: »
    Nope.

Well, my folks do, but we (myself and the girlfriend) won't be sending any

Same here, me and my fiancé.

A few white board drawings on bebo is as good as it gets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

simu wrote: »
    Same here, me and my fiancé.

A few white board drawings on bebo is as good as it gets!
    I don't actually know anyone in our generation who would be sending them either, must just be a tradition(like many others) that our generation have chosen to retire.

Will be interesting to see what the poll says when it reaches a decent sample size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Ah there's something extremely christmasy about sending and recieving cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

myself and my girlfriend sent loads out today, it's still the done thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

As in, via the post? hahahaha, surely you jest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Waste of money, can't be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No, I'm just not arsed. I've noticed that my relatives and friends dont seem to get as many either. The only ones recieved are ones that are from overseas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

chirstmas cards aren't environmentally friendly. if i had friends i wouldn't send any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

My parents send/receive them.
    I don't. Will send seasons greetings to all my friends via text messages on web-text.

Next year i'll start as I'll have finished college/be in a professional job and will want to send them to all my friends from college.
    I love sending cards/letters etc..cant wait!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I send a few, nice to get them from people you think have forgotten about you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Christmas... e-cards...?

No I don't send Christmas cards. My folks do though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

To family only, cause they would be hurt if I didn't. But not to friends or lovers. The manufactured card with it's Hallmark quote that's repeated to millions is sooooo plastic and superficial. (I guess that puts me on Santa's naughty list, with the rest of the fun people?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'll send a few to friends abroad. Received one from a Korean friend a few days ago and it really cheered me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Yep I love sending & receiving Christmas cards especially from old friends who you don't see as much anymore! I send little tiny cute ones to all my girlie friends and bigger "proper" ones to the boys and family people! :)

Got special "Granny" and "Grandad" ones for my parents and spent ages with my daughter today writing them/drawing pics on them - just special y'know! :)

I've done mine today and they're going in the post tomorrow! Sending one to my ex & his family just to stir the pot a bit now that I hear he has a new woman :D I love stirring the pot a little....I'm such a bitch :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Just to the nieces and nephews their at the age were they just want money, so always a few quid in a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I used to but I'm at the age where I just cant be bothered anymore

if you have to post a card to somebody you don't see them enough to warrant a card

if you can give it to them then why the f*ck are you giving them a card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nope, waste of money, time and paper.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I give a card to my bf and immediate family and that's it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've sent 3 this year, cos two friends moved into their own places and one to my godfather for the first time. I'm not good at sending them. I'll prob send them properly when I move out of my folks house, mam puts my name on all cards she sends out, sweeeeeet :D

Waste of money I agree, I hand the ones to immediate family, they all post them...and live down the road practically, saps!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

DubLegs wrote: »
    Ah there's something extremely christmasy about sending and recieving cards.

Exactly, it's a lovely tradition. I think when people are settled and have their own home and family they're more likely to send them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm going to send a christmas pm to every registered member on boards.

Can one of the admins add a 'msg all' button. It would make the task quicker.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

E-Cards FTW!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes sent a few off last week. Most of them went overseas though. I like pretty christmas cards, me. I would buy the charity RNLI ones aswell sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I sent a few, just to good friends.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Shockin' waste of money IMHO, don't tend to bother with cards of any sort with the exception of a Valentines card (if I have a girlfriend) which I'd always hand-make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I sent three
    One to my littlest sister who has flown the nest and left Dublin for the boglands and i know it was very warmly received and definitely cheered her up.

And two I sent to girls I know and also were very well received and unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Yeah, we send out xmas cards to close friends - i think it's nice to do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, don't be offended when you don't get one.

Advertisement