Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any clean-living people here?

Options
  • 17-12-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

ie. never drank, smoked or touched drugs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was clean living up until whatever age you join the pioneers in school, that's when I had my first drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I sure hope not........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I had a shower this morning but I used a heroin body wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I don't drink, smoke, or take drugs.

I tried smoking a joint once, but it had no effect on me. I think I did it wrong though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Never smoked in my life, never will. Never taken drugs that were not prescription... well thats not quite true... i did have a hash brownie once... did not feel any different...
    I did not start drinking till late though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Tallagh01 - you're as good!! Honestly didn't think I'd find anyone who didn't do ANY of those things...

Myself...I drink (in moderation...most of the time, lol, had my first drink when I was 16, didn't start properly really till I was about 19), have tried smoking a cig about twice ever (in extreme stupidity when I've been drunk, but couldn't), and never or will never touch any kind of drug!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Is this clean-living thingie a new concept?

ozzyoh wrote: »
    Tallagh01 - you're as good!! Honestly didn't think I'd find anyone who didn't do ANY of those things...

Myself...I drink (in moderation...most of the time, lol, had my first drink when I was 16, didn't start properly really till I was about 19), have tried smoking a cig about twice ever (in extreme stupidity when I've been drunk, but couldn't), and never or will never touch any kind of drug!

Actually, I have to admit I smoked a few fags when I was a teenager to impress girls.

It even occasionally worked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Doubt it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I am! Oh no wait.....

• Advertisement

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Actually, I have to admit I smoked a few fags when I was a teenager to impress girls.

It even occasionally worked

why, why would you smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ScumLord wrote: »
    I was clean living up until whatever age you join the pioneers in school, that's when I had my first drink.
    Me too.
    Took the pledge and broke it about an hour later. I was quite the rebel.

I have a couple of friends who have never drank, smoked or taken drugs.

Well, one ate a space cake or two when he was in Amsterdam, but that's all.

Rob_l wrote: »
    why, why would you smoke

To impress girls :D duh

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

tallaght01 wrote: »
    To impress girls :D duh

Ahh I have another question - has anyone taken the pledge and NOT broken it?! Wish I could say I have... :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've never taken drugs (too scared), like an odd glass of wine and I'm almost 5 years off the cigarettes - is that clean enough?

Terry wrote: »
    Me too.
    Took the pledge and broke it about an hour later. I was quite the rebel.
    :D Same as, found a can of heineken behind the wall near the priests house. I think that's the day the devil got me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

meglome wrote: »
    Is this clean-living thingie a new concept?

Straight edge
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

I've never taken drugs (too scared), like an odd glass of wine and I'm almost 5 years off the cigarettes - is that clean enough?
    No! Your still dirty, your a dirty girl.

Phew, I'm glad that's finally been said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rob_l wrote: »
    why, why would you smoke
    It looks cool, glamorous, sophisticated, rock 'n' roll, sexy (Shane McGowan - phwoar!), rebellious... need I go on?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Don't smoke or do drugs, but have been known to sip a pint or a glass of wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I actually know someone who does not smoke/take drugs or drink.... although i think he would take the odd sip of wine at a special occasion, for the most part he does not even drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

ozzyoh wrote:
    Ahh I have another question - has anyone taken the pledge and NOT broken it?
    I took the pledge and didn't break it (I didn't renew the pledge though, I think you had to do that after 2-3 years) , when I was a kid I had a sip of wine once and decided I hated alcohol so I didn't start drinking until I was 17. I still don't smoke or take drugs probably because of the amount of sport I do. I don't drink much these days but thats because its really expensive to drink in pubs here and I'm too tired to bother going anywhere except the odd sauna party.

Man, thinking of that pledge thing brings back memorys, I was such a devoted catholic back then now I'm an atheist. How things have changed :D

Dudess wrote: »
    It looks cool, glamorous, sophisticated, rock 'n' roll, sexy (Shane McGowan - phwoar!), rebellious... need I go on?

sweet i knew there was a reason i smoked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Yes, I'm here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never smoked and no drugai but had some wine that someone bought us for our wedding, tasted rotten (probably because my pallet wouldn't know a one type of wine from the other). :)

Ruu wrote: »
    Never smoked and no drugai but had some wine that someone bought us for our wedding, tasted rotten (probably because my pallet wouldn't know a one type of wine from the other). :)
    Alcohol tastes horrible. You just have to get past that to the drunkin' part. Then you have to find an alcohol that tastes less rotten than the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I don't drink, smoke, bet on women, or ride horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Rovi wrote: »
    I don't drink, smoke, bet on women, or ride horses.

Ah but would you bet on women riding horses? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't smoke, I can't drink, and only had a couple of "special" krispie buns before. Not out of some "clean-living" vibe, just cuz I don't feel the inclination to smoking or drugs. Alcohol was out after becoming intolerant to it after surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The warm glow of moral superiority keeps me warm through the winter.

Advertisement