Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror Films - the best

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't anyone would argue those points on Bone Sickness. What made it great was the retro, gross-out effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Are you ****ing crazy Nedtheshed? BONE SICKNESS????? You actually rate that pile of crap, that is an abomination to filmmaking and decency? It is so badly made, acted and edited, that I laughed. Its utter ****e and an insult to the horror genre. Swamp Zombies was a similar sin against film. Have you seen that one? In fact there are many more similar examples. They look like films made by fans who don't know how to make films. They create a bad name for the genre.

SOCIETY was a good film. Yuzna is at least competent.

Not crazy at all and I thoroughly enjoyed bone sickness.As terrorfirmer(quality movie too BTW) said its the gore that make this movie.At least Brian Paulin tried to come up with an original idea for a zombie movie rather than just re-hashing the nuclear waste premise.

The effects are what make this movie for me,un-ashamedly OTT and done with an obvious affection for the genre and not a CGI zombie in sight.

Paulin is a huge horror movie fan and is just a nice guy.He posts on another forum I use and always answers questions when he can and keeps the other fans up to speed with his current project,Fetus.

http://www.morbidvisionfilms.com/Fetus/fetus.htm

His company,Morbidvision films www.morbidvisionfilms.com along with Toetag pictures-- WWW.TOETAGPICTURES.COM ---For The Better Of Mankind Productions and Andrey Iskanov-- www.andreyiskanov.com --are pushing the limits of the horror movie to breaking point and I for one say bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

But Brian Paulin doesn't know how to make films. He's a downright bad filmmaker, lacking in the basic skills. His poor execution of shots actually destroys any impact the gore should have. He couldn't frighten a mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its not ment to frighten you,its gore for gores sake.Its what I want and love along with alot of the horror movie fans out there sick of the same tired rehashed ideas.
    When I watch a horror movie I dont worry about the shots or lighting,if you want that go and watch Saw or some such tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Jonesy3110 wrote: »
    The only movie ever to effect me was Tremors. You know those cadburys roses sweets with the orange in the middle? I can't eat those anymore.

Rofl, awww.. no loss, they were disgusting anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭navin.r.johnson

The essentials are listed already (Shining, Rosemarys Baby, Thing, Aliens, Exorcist). Blair Witch is definitely worth viewing. Also, The Abominable Dr. Phibes for the elaborate and ways in which his victims meet their demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

Watched this again last night....

Still spooked me more than any gore fest has!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wezzopalooza

Anyone here seen The Exorcist 3- very underrated in my opinion. Great performance from the legend that is Brad Dourif (even in a strait jacket he's creepy as hell) and arguably one of the greatest jump moments of all time involving a long corridor. Anyone who's seen this knows exactly what I'm on about.......Oh, and my fav horror-comedy has gotta be Fright Night- pure class!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Watched [REC] the other night, that's definitely become one of my fave horror movies ever now. Well recommended if you don't mind watching a movie with subtitles.
    Damn near shat myself at one stage!:p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I AGREE WITH HAVOC on Asian remakes not nessicarally being worse than the orignals. With all things being equal I would say a remake would be better, You dont have to read the script on a remake.
    But some remakes really seemed the same as the orignal and I thought that was a bad thing, like the omen.

I watched Quarantine having never seen the spanish version and I loved that. I wonder if I watched the Spanish one now would I think the remake was crap, I dont think so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement