Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

karma? real or not ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Karma may also be understood as 'cause & effect' or 'reaping what you sow' -a Natural law.
    There is no escaping the effects of what we do, although the motive would qualify the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Karma as I understand it, is an outrageous affront to justice.

The people in this world who are hungry and enslaved (probably about a quarter of all people) have not done anything to create the conditions they are subject to. These conditions are imposed by oppressors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I only have a problem with karma when it's teaching are used to keep people down trodden either by external pressure or by themsleves by saying they deserve the misery of thier life and should not seek to better themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

If Life is understood from the very brief earthly viewpoint, then karma is entirely unjust.
    But, when seen from the eternal viewpoint, it reveals breathtaking Divine justice.
    Consider those born in possession of a 'gift', isn't that so unfair, or has it been earned?

A quote from the Ramala teachers:
    'The essence of the Law of Karma is that everything in Creation is held in perfect balance.
    There can be no such thing as inequality.
    Karma is a teaching process in which you learn from what you have done. It is YOU who created those ripples on the pool of life and they must, in turn, affect YOU.
    The purpose of Karma is not punishment, rather more a process of balance and education'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

hiorta wrote: »
    If Life is understood from the very brief earthly viewpoint, then karma is entirely unjust.
    But, when seen from the eternal viewpoint, it reveals breathtaking Divine justice.
    Consider those born in possession of a 'gift', isn't that so unfair, or has it been earned?
    I can see how it is just if reincarnation is also assumed to be true. Which I don't think is true.

• Advertisement
Advertisement