Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony 40v2000

Options
  • 11-12-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

hi

Been offered a new sony 40" v2000 model tv for 1000, any one have one of these tv's, or any info on them

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

The V2000 series was their flagship model until they started with the X2000 and W2000 1080p models. It's HD ready, as opposed to Full HD.

It is a fantastic TV, it was the best you could buy about 12 months ago. At the moment, I wouldn't say you're getting a great deal for €1000. You can have a 37" Sharp Full HD tv for €999, which has got very good reviews recently.

If you're in the market for a new LCD TV, then have a look at what's in teh shops at the minute. See what else you can get for €1000 and then decide if you'd like to go with the offer from your supplier.

If you can get it down to €800, I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Not really a great deal! Decent TV but the W series is far superior! Seeing as the W3000 has been released you can pick up the W2000 model! Seen it bundled with a home cinema or 160 Gb HDD dvd recorder at €1699! Plus a new V2000 model either its been sitting in a box for over a year or its a display model!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

thanks for the advice,where can I get that sharp model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

ncc98071 wrote: »
    thanks for the advice,where can I get that sharp model?

It is(was) in Curry's AFAIK. it's the XD1E range.

Boards Discussion

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There is a 40V3000 now, which unlike its predecessor is a 1080p TV. I'd still go for a W2000 though, especially as it's cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement