Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

ACCA F4 exam

• 06-12-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ Climber

Did anybody do this exam on Tues 4th December? I did it and I have to say I totally ran out of time at the end. Ended up trying to do two questions in the last fifteen minutes! Not looking forward to the results :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ✭✭✭ davide

Hey Climber, I sat the exam, was also tight on time but tried to force myself to stick to the 18 mins per question. 2 be honest i think the exam format is wrong, too many questions and we should have a choice.

its my first fundamental exam, just wondering how strict they are with the marking schemes. Would have defo passed it if it was a college exam but not so sure now given they might be stricter ??

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ Climber

I've heard stories that ACCA spend no more than 10 minutes to correct each paper. They apply the marking format religously.

If it all adds up to 50% or more, you pass. If it adds up to 49% they will go back over and see if they can get you the extra 1%, if it adds up
    to anything less than 49%, you fail and they move on to the next paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ✭✭✭ davide

i'd say it is fairly ruthless alright, given the amount they have to correct. what i'm more wondering about is how strict the marking scheme actally is, i wonder how well an understanding is "thorough", "reasonable", etc etc. ah we'll have to wait till feb i guess, here's hoping!

Advertisement