Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Food Diaries....anyone tried?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi All

In a realistic attempt to lose 3 1/2 stone,I'm thinking of trying the online food diaries that calcute your calories,fat etc by your exercise.
    The problem is that most of them are American,so food products and weight measurements are alien to me.

And also they insist you pay which i think is daylight robbery.

Has anyone tried and tested and LIKED any of these sites?
    Ideally I'm hoping to find one thats easy to use and without any costs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

www.fitday.com

free and easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

www.fitday.com

Free to use and has a relatively varying food weight system as well as the ability to track your own "custom" foods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

www.lowcarber.org has a "MyPlan" option on its toolbar which is a very nice food diary, weight tracker and workout tracker. I prefer it to Fitday, because the default measure is 100g, not a cup or a piece 2"x3"x1" or something equally silly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

www.thedailyplate.com

It's good because it has a lot of brand foods in the database and you can add any that aren't in there.

It's free, but most of these sites have a version with more bells on that you have to pay for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Dragging this back from the depths of last year but I found another online food log that's pretty good.

It's v. bright and colourful - makes the whole thing quite fun..well, as much fun as logging your food intake can be! But loads of articles, things to track, soppy American inspirational quotes etc. I'm getting my mum on track this year and she loves this site:

www.sparkpeople.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement