Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commissions for sales staff

Options
  • 03-12-2007 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any good ideas for making the calculation of sales-staff commission a less laborious task. At present we have about 150 sales orders a month per employee (7 sales people), and have to go through, line by line, commissions on each order which takes ages.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of changing how a process like this and how was it received?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭acc grinds

Set a total target to be achieved in the month for each sales person and pay commission based on how they perform against target.

Each sales person has an OTE , example €1,000 in the month. There target is €50k , they achieve €45k which is 90% , they get paid 90% of OTE.

Depending on what accounts system your using you should be able to get the information out without having to go through each transaction line by line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Smiler78

Hi There,

I can think of two solutions which might help you out. I used to run Sales Commission Sheets for a Multi National and picked up a few tricks which i'd hope will easily apply to your current situation.

1. A New System as mentioned by ACC grinds, if the system is good the process should be easy/painfree

2. New methods & shortcuts for calculation, if you don't have a flashy accounts system to help there are plenty of ways to automate tasks without.

I have also helped ammend and previous cumbersome systems and find flaws and exploitable loopholes etc so if you want to get in touch I'd be glad to help.

Richard

Advertisement