Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First POst!

• 28-11-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Huzzah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Beat me to it! :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Second! Woooo

Edit:

Damn
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Excellent I've never managed that before ... and on topic, I am sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Silverfish wrote: »
    Second! Woooo

Edit:

Damn
    :(

You lose worse than me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well done... I think you deserve to be made the mod of the forum just for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Anyone for a pint?

Of tea of course! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It would have been funnier if 6th got the 6th post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I could always change my name to 1st?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Delighted that you got this new forum added - great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Urgh. It's enough to drive me to drink...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What are we going to talk about? Not going to the pub? Not an eventful visit to the offy?

Mke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Oh, glad to see this has happened. Probably won't have much to contribute in the next few weeks but hope it takes off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Jolly good show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dr Lektroluv

I love drink, going out the weekend having 10 pints watchin the match or going clubbing having loads of vodka/red bull and gettin hammered. Can I have the 1st ban :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dammit!

First is the worst, second is the... breast..., third is the one with the hairy chest.........fifteenth is the sexiest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I have the best reason in the world to be a non drinker.
    A stomach ulcer that burns when I pour tequila into it, and aches when I have a creamy pint of stout. And I love both, but he's not a doctor cos he gives bad advice, So I'm 2 weeks into a 4 week dry spell, and I'm wonderin, what do non drinkers do instead of drinkin ?
    Bear in mind, I'm off the smokes too, so gettin completely baked is'nt an option either.
    Good cookie and brownie recipies might work though:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I have the best reason in the world to be a non drinker.
    A stomach ulcer that burns when I pour tequila into it, and aches when I have a creamy pint of stout. And I love both, but he's not a doctor cos he gives bad advice, So I'm 2 weeks into a 4 week dry spell, and I'm wonderin, what do non drinkers do instead of drinkin ?
    Bear in mind, I'm off the smokes too, so gettin completely baked is'nt an option either.
    Good cookie and brownie recipies might work though:p

Get yourself a vaporiser. There are plenty guides out there to DIY too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Will there be mandatory breath testing before every post?

How about sobriety tests?
    eg 10 secs to type the letters of the aplabut antifrontwards

zyxwvuts.r.o.... fud it I'm gettin there modificer

or typing a straight line with one finger up your nose
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_----_----_----_
    ==!---

What do Irish people talk about when they are sober?
    /rephrase (do Irish people talk when they are sober:D)

Right, whats left?
    ...feck, ar$e, girls.

Pint of rock shandy in a pint glass there please Mr modbarman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are we allowed smoke crack ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dammit!

First is the worst, second is the... breast..., third is the one with the hairy chest.........fifteenth is the sexiest! :D
    I'm sure Dr. Lektroluv appreciates the compliment ;)

• Advertisement

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,743 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Goog luck with the new forum Dave. If the thirst ever gets to you - pop over to BG&RH. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

One can observe a lot whilst sober & out with drunken friends. It's usually amusing to listen to their logic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Woot, new forum...

Let's toast to it........

...... now where's the butter and jam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! A fizzy-drink toast I say! (or an OJ for the less adventurous and more toothrot-aware)

At last! We are up and running :) Many thanks to everyone who made this possible.

I can now officially reveal that this is the first non-drinkers forum in Ireland! It is my hope that it will be a fun meeting place for anyone who wants to participate in non-drinking events.

I will be planning the first non-drinking event soon which will take place in Dublin before xmas. I will post details in the next few days. If you would like to help out, let me know!

If you don't live near Dublin and you would like to organise a non-drinking event in your local area, feel free to advertise here.

Now go ye people, go forth and spread the word of the non-drinkers forum - multiply - shout it from the rafters...cos baby, we are born! :D

I sense you are pleased!

Don't get carried away, cos it might take a while for people to even realise the forum exists, let alone actually go to the events! Just don't want you being disappointed if nobody shows up for the first one :eek: Might be a good idea to wait til after Christmas when people have more time.

I dunno, just a suggestion!

Speaking of suggestion.........*starts thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, I think Dave has a point there. December is a really busy month for people and they could be booked up already. But sure post the idea up and see how it takes.

I'm delighted to see this forum in place but it will probably take a while for momentum to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

well the non drinkers could get t-shirts printed and go to the boards beers with t-shirts saying "down with that sort of thing"

or

"You're hot even without beer goggles"

I find as a non drinker its fine to go toa drinking event

obviously if you are an alcaholic then going to an event where everyone is hard on the sauce it could be difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Congrats on the new forum ! You are the new Fashion and appearance ;) Here's a ticket for a free beer in YORE MAs !:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nice idea, best of luck with it, guys.

Advertisement