Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do girls think guys should buy them drinks?

Options
  • 27-11-2007 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Was out at the weekend and a girl starts trying to talk to me at the bar, and after about 3 sentences says 'so are you gonna buy me a drink now'. I said aomething to the effect of you think I should buy you a drink just because you said to?

This isn't the first time this has happened either. Why do women think blokes should fork out for the pleasure of their company after a few seconds of conversation??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

she sounds like a leech tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There is a huge amount of girls (not women) out there that think men should buy them drinks, I don't know where they get off to be honest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Was out at the weekend and a girl starts trying to talk to me at the bar, and after about 3 sentences says 'so are you gonna buy me a drink now'. I said aomething to the effect of you think I should buy you a drink just because you said to?

This isn't the first time this has happened either. Why do women think blokes should fork out for the pleasure of their company after a few seconds of conversation??

I was out at the weekend and some guy stood on my foot.

Why do all men think its okay to stand on women's feet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Some women get it into their heads that they can play mind games and score free drink by acting flirty. I may be in the minority, but I have and never will buy any girl a drink unless I've been out once or twice with them. Why waste the cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Silverfish wrote: »

Because ye wear such stupid toe-exposing footwear? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Somehow you always pay for sex, be it drinks, cinema tickets, dinners, attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

In all fairness most women don't expect to be bought drinks, its nice if you do buts its not a must if you want to talk to us. She was probably just chancing her arm but I would prefer to buy my own alcohol. Hey I even buy the occasional fella a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Girl at bar: So are you going to buy me a drink then?

Trojan: I will, if you get the puppies out.....

By all means buy them a drink, but make them earn it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Bunch of Hoores the lot of em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

This irritates me as well, i generally tell them that i'm not a cash machine and have less than no intention of buying them a drink....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

If a girl asks me to buy her a drink I will usually tell her why doesn't she get the first round and I'll get the next.

Never buy women drinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get the funny in the generalisation there but... you do tend to have long pointy shoes. They're easy to step on unfortunately :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Lots of girls are like that, drives me mad, gives all of us a bad name. I had a friend like that before, whenever she went out with a guy she always expected him to pay for her nights out. Now that I think of it no wonder she always walked straight out of one relationship into another one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

that girl sound like a right leech tbh! i would never ask a guy to buy me drinks i think its terrible, when my friend does it to guys!! not all girls do it just the type that have there head up there own arses do that..!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's obviously because all women depend on men in life in general:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ah, the classic female response, answer one generalization with another. when did women get this smart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Anyway to end this thread some women think men will do these things because "drum roll"

so many of us are feckin stupid enough to accept this sort of attitude for whatever reason

HavoK wrote: »
    ah, the classic female response, answer one generalization with another. when did women get this smart?

Oh around the time men got so bitter.;)

If a woman asks a man to buy her a drink it may be because she is looking for something that will make his presence worthwhile. If he is interesting and goodlooking another drink is the last thing on her mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Lux23 wrote: »
    If a woman asks a man to buy her a drink it may be because she is looking for something that will make his presence worthwhile.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I've never encountered a girl so crass, I think I'd burst out laughing. Are we talking the pink top, ugg boot wearing, Barbie girl types here?

I've no problem buying a girl a drink if I'm enjoying her company but if she was so crude to suggest I should I'd cease to have any interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Lux23 wrote: »
    If a woman asks a man to buy her a drink it may be because she is looking for something that will make his presence worthwhile. If he is interesting and goodlooking another drink is the last thing on her mind.

So women are shallow users is what you're saying? That's a bit unfortunate.

Laslo wrote: »
    So women are shallow users is what you're saying? That's a bit unfortunate.

In a nite club situation they can be, as I have said I don't personally do this but thats the only reason why I might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Maybe because barmen tend to ignore us when we're standing at the bar? And we get lecherous comments from guys standing too close to us in the queue. It happened to me so many times I started getting male friends to buy my drink rounds (I would give them the money for it, though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Well using the '13 most important traits that make a perfect man' that were posted here a while ago if you bought the girl a drink you would be probably be considered;

12. Considerate

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It all went downhill with giving them the vote, In yonder days she'd be at home with the kiddies not leaching off us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Next time ask her (or a girl of her ilk) whether she is on the game.

Alternatively pull out some 5 euro notes and start tucking them
    into her bra or g-string.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I know of a couple of girls who would go out and just flirt with random guys at the bar so they would get them drinks!!! :rolleyes: Anytime a guy ever asked me if he could buy me a drink I'd politely refuse! If it was a friend and he wouldn't take no for an answer and shoved the drink in my hand then I wouldn't leave the pub without buying him one back!!!
    Not all girls expect it! But they are out there.. just like there are silly guys who actually fall for it!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Perhaps your feet are too big? After all, everyone knows God gave women small feet so they could stand closer to the cooker.

kelle wrote: »
    Maybe because barmen tend to ignore us when we're standing at the bar? And we get lecherous comments from guys standing too close to us in the queue. It happened to me so many times I started getting male friends to buy my drink rounds (I would give them the money for it, though).

Have to point out that every single time I go to the bar to queue for a drink women will jump in ahead of every other person around me (not me mind - over my dead body wioll I be losing my place in the queue), but yeah I frequently see every type of women shoulder and shove their way to the bar, happily steal stools and whatever else they can find on their way.

Just pointing it out.

• Advertisement

Next time ask her (or a girl of her ilk) whether she is on the game.

Alternatively pull out some 5 euro notes and start tucking them
    into her bra or g-string.

+1 :D

Advertisement