Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation ???????

Options
  • 26-11-2007 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

hey i love hitting the gym , however sat and sun my diet goes to pot , i lose motivation or something any ideas ????????

also what sort of music u listen to while training ????

currently rocky 4 soundtrack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Dance for Cardio, Metal for weights FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

for weights it has to be Metal

Pantera, Slipknot (3rd album), Megadeath and Machine Head. Good bass system and away you go

Also at the weekend I find I under eat as the structure to my day is gone so instead of having 6 same size meals i'll only have 4 and am undereating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I find the same thing at weekends. Im in bed til 11.00 or 12.00 so by the time I eat breakfast its nearly lunch time. Then you have so much spare time that thoughts about bad foods start creeping into your head. If I have been for pints the night before I really crave junk too. Also I would be spending alot more time with friends who arent as concerned with what they are eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Anthony_1980

because im off all day sat and sun i just eat for sake of it and uts usually pizza or kebab etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Heavy squatting always calls for Johnny Cash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Give "Queens of the Stone Age" or "Metallica" a listen.
    First it giveth of the album Songs For The Deaf has got me through those dreaded final sets on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I recently broke a bone in my face and I can't train for a few days untill the docs clear me. So I'm using this time to get my head around getting back to serious training as I won't be playing rugby for a while...

Also when I do get back training later this week/ early next week I imagine I will use the fact that my face is broken as a sort of rage elixer to help me come back stronger and break some faces of my own....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I don't listen to music when I'm training, I usually zone out to everything going on around me when I'm lifting so there's no need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

My gym playlist would include the likes of

Linkin Park - In The End or Crawling
    Fort Minor - Remember The Name
    Paris Hilton - Turn It Up
    Funeral For A Friend - History (NB/ A MUST HAVE!)

If you want music that'll keep the intensity going and adrenalin pumping, defo check those out! ;)

I find the Ministry of Sound-type compilations speed me up on cardio. Also keeps me running that bit longer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My tracklist is:

Rocky Theme
    Clubbed to Death - Rob Dougan
    Loose Yourself - Eminem
    Loneliness - Tomcraft
    Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders
    TNT - AC/DC
    Fight Music - Eminem & D12
    Ace of Spades - Motorhead
    Living for the weekend - Hard-Fi

Plenty of vary in there I tell you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 organisedchaos

people people people, are we forgetting about rage against the machine????

also another couple of tracks to add are
    prodigy - hot ride
    metallica -enter sandman
    muse - any of the albums
    the drop kick murphys-gettin out of boston
    house of pain - jump around
    LL cool jay - mama gonna knock you out
    massive attack - the mezzanine album
    leftfield - phat planet, war, dusted
    justice - cross
    daft punk - alive

that should ya have pumped in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Malteaser! wrote: »
    I don't listen to music when I'm training, I usually zone out to everything going on around me when I'm lifting so there's no need.

God how things change. Nowadays I rarely even attempt a heavy lift without music blasting from my earphones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Activity4Life

hey i love hitting the gym , however sat and sun my diet goes to pot , i lose motivation or something any ideas ????????

also what sort of music u listen to while training ????

currently rocky 4 soundtrack

The key to motivation is to first understanding what it is.
    What Motivates us are our values, what we hold in our mind as important to us. Of course this is a complex issue with lots of possibilities for conflicting values getting in each others way. E.g. relaxing is important to me / being active is important to me. Another factor is, are we being motivated towards what we want or away from what we don’t want? Often this is what causes us to take our foot off the pedal. “I don’t want to be totally unfit” well this results in anything other then total unfitness and we become de-motivated and stop taking action. You will have lots of starting up new fitness regimens and never continuing any. Its only when we feel we are totally unfit that we become motivated to take action. Truly successful people in every aspect of life are almost always towards motivated. They set a goal achieve it then set another.

The good news is you can change your values and any conflicts that are holding you back and you can also change away from motivation to towards motivation because its all learnt and anything learnt can be unlearnt.

Hadrian

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

Chris Cornell - You know my name
    Tiesto - Elements of Life
    ACDC - Back in Black
    Eminem - Till I collapse
    Kasabian - Empire
    Metallica - Enter Sandman
    PPK - Resurrection
    U2 - All Because of You
    Linkin Park - Pushing me away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

+ 1 on D-12 - fight music
    + 1 on eminem - til i collapse
    Trillville - get some Crunk in yo system
    david banner - might get'cha
    felt - early morning tony
    Jay-z - 99 problems
    NWA - 100 miles and runnin'
    ice cube and dr. Dre - natural born killers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

La Coka Noatra - Thats Coke

Static-x - Hes A Loser

Coal Chamber - Headstones And The Walking Dead

Sepultura - Ratamahatta

House Of Pain - Guess Whos Back

if that doesn't get the blood flowing you're dead.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I cant train with headphones on it torments me!
    Music in the gym dont bother me just find headphones make my session seem longer and time slower takes away from my concentration!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Just out of interest, am I the only one who can't concentrate properly in the gym when I'm listening to music through earphones? I tried it before for a while but found that I couldn't concentrate on form and just felt a bit flustered to be honest! It sort of has the same effect on me as it would if I was trying to read something and take it in while listening having music blasting in my ears. Anyone else find this or am I just a freak?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I cant train with headphones on it torments me!
    Music in the gym dont bother me just find headphones make my session seem longer and time slower takes away from my concentration!

Cool, I'm not the only one!! Music in the background through the gym speakers doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact half the time I actually don't even notice it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

michael j, songs with a good beat

Advertisement