Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Displaying Hanging your Airsoft collection.

Options
  • 25-11-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you would get that wooden rail type wall covering
    that lets you put hooks/shelves etc on it to display stuff.
    You see it in shoe shops and some of the airsoft stores.

I wanted a way of displaying my airsoft collection without drilling a load of
    holes in my wall. I wanted to be able to remove them or adjust the arangement
    to suite my needs.

(or other suitable ideas on how to mount them to a wall without wrecking
    said wall would be welcome)

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Slat walling, as used in shops, is probably your best bet. It's made from veneered MDF so it doesn't look bad. There's a place in Limerick that does shop-installation supplies as far as I remember, somewhere on the dock road I think. Heiton Buckleys might even have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Slightly off topic, but on the general topic. How do most of you store your collections. I've only got two rifles, a MAC 11 and an m1911 and I'm runnin outta space. I've a rather small room, which no storage left. So what do you all do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Slightly off topic, but on the general topic. How do most of you store your collections. I've only got two rifles, a MAC 11 and an m1911 and I'm runnin outta space. I've a rather small room, which no storage left. So what do you all do?

You realise you have an addiction and join Airsoft anonamous when you run outta space :D i keep my pistols boxed under my bed along with other gear (camo etc...), AEG's go in the wardrobe

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Old Hi-fi unit. Removed all the shelves. Top opens up and front is a door. Charger and box of batts in bottom. Even the full length m500s fit if at a slight angle. Its almost 2' by 2' by about 4' high. Pistols, have a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I keep then in their original boxes in the smallest bedroom of the house. Just the two of us here (me and the missus) so there are no kids about to find them. I am considering getting a locker (like the type you would have had in school or college), one of the long ones with a shelf in it. Should be able to store full length AEGs (I have a G3SG1 and that is pretty long) in there along with chargers, batteries and mags. The added advantage of a locker is that the airsofts are out of sight and locked behind a metal door. Now I need to go and find one somewhere :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i hang mine on the wall, use long screws and wall plugs and leave the screw out an inch or two, it looks cleaner than that board stuff,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If you find those slotted sheets, can you post up where.

As for what I do at the moment. There are 2 of us in the apartment, so we leave them lying around the apartment. There are not many places you can store 5 A.E.G.'s and 2 m249s.

you can get them on hardware shops., there used in tool chests aswell, id say B&Q have them.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

At the Moment my real steel rifle, my Star AW338 and my Kings Arms FAL
    are occupying my Gun safe. The AUG got kicked out when the AW338 arrived.

All the others are in a Wardrobe in the box room of my house.
    I have my garage converted into a room that I use for my model making
    and was going to dedicate a wall and get that Slat walling tha NakedDex
    mentioned. Dunno bout doing it downstairs yet though as undesireables
    or any passer by could see in if the blinds were open/up. I may
    be better converting my box room our using my back room.
    (Only myself and herself and no kids.....apart from 16 cats)

Main thing is I dont want to be drilling LOADS of holes to stick in
    loads of screws.

If I had more money I would get a Way Bigger Gun safe and store them there.
    As much as we all know here they are toys if ya did get broken into
    they would be a prize find for a criminal that Could mis-use them.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

at the moment my brother is away with work, so i ditch most of them and any repair jobs on his bed on a saturday evening after a skirmish, they get moved about during the week if im doing any work on them but that's generally their home, when he comes back ill have to find some temporary storage, but im currently thinking of some various plans of display/storage for the attic which i hope to get around to converting into my office in the new year

• Advertisement

not completely on topic but i got a good camo bag today for carrying my stuff, it was 25squid in the bag shop beside H&M on henry street, they have loads of camo bags in there.,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

In my broom closet. Have to tidy it out and organise it properly cause it is a bit chaotic in there. The old dear was over the other went to hang her coat in there and backed away from it. It was funny watching her face turn white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sharp_shooter

I have all my GBB's in a safe with my passports etc. I have my AEG's, Shotguns & Sniper rifles in the wardrobe at the moment, on a shelf with all by holsters / tactical vests & clothing / ammo etc. was thinking of getting a long gun safe for AEGs and sniper rifles etc. Its just an apartment I live in with me and the missus but we are building a house soon so I'm hoping the money (and the missus) will allow me to build a "security room" which will double as a gun room and an office to some extent. I may also have enough land left over to turn into a private skirmish site for preferred guests (no charge of course) for practices etc so watch this space!

SS~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Out in the shed. Bought one of those small shelving units with doors from Argos (about 50 quid I think). Shed is locked etc. Holds just about everything AEG wise. Camo etc in the small room of the house. No kid's yet so no worries.

sci-ops wrote: »
    Out in the shed. Bought one of those small shelving units with doors from Argos (about 50 quid I think). Shed is locked etc. Holds just about everything AEG wise. Camo etc in the small room of the house. No kid's yet so no worries.

Would the cold/damn not effect the electronics/metals? I could put up a small shed out the back for the purpose, but I'd be afraid of ruining my equipment come the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey1666

Would the cold/damn not effect the electronics/metals? I could put up a small shed out the back for the purpose, but I'd be afraid of ruining my equipment come the winter months.

It rained more this year in summer and summer had a lower average tempature :)

mmm, I have a rather well insulated Steel Shed thankfully. Sometimes it's warmer in there than in the house.... I also have my AEG in a bag in the cabinet to make sure it stays all nice and warm like. poor little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

sci-ops wrote: »
    mmm, I have a rather well insulated Steel Shed thankfully. Sometimes it's warmer in there than in the house....

Like when you've annoyed the missus? ;)

I still have not managed to get anything to display all my Airsoft goodies.
    They are stuffed into 2-3 different wardrobes at home at the moment.
    I'm running out of storage space and still have plans on buying way
    more AEG's

Future plans in the WAaaaayYYYyyy distant future would be to be
    able to display them on a wall in my model/hobby room.

Currently I got
    3 GBB pistols
    1 springer pistol,
    1 GBB SMG
    1 Gas Sniper
    11+ AEG's

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

my aegs are the hobos of my house, but manly left on my kitchen table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey1666

bullets wrote: »
    I still have not managed to get anything to display all my Airsoft goodies.
    They are stuffed into 2-3 different wardrobes at home at the moment.
    I'm running out of storage space and still have plans on buying way
    more AEG's

Future plans in the WAaaaayYYYyyy distant future would be to be
    able to display them on a wall in my model/hobby room.

Currently I got
    3 GBB pistols
    1 springer pistol,
    1 GBB SMG
    1 Gas Sniper
    11+ AEG's

~B

want to donate an AEG ? :rolleyes:

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Like when you've annoyed the missus? ;)

So you've been in that boat aswell Spetzcong?? I believe it always makes sense to have secondary fall back point.....;)

Woohoo! Found the answer to my storage problem.

http://www.diamondlifegear.com/pegboards.htm

Perfect size for a space on my wall above the end of the bed. $129 to boot ain't to bad neither. Rated for 3/4 of a ton, I doubt it'll have any problem with my airsoft collection, and it'll be completely modular as things get swapped in and out of use.

Plenty of hooks, buckets, cases, baskets etc. to hold anything really.

http://www.diamondlifegear.com/pbaccessories.html
    http://www.diamondlifegear.com/bins.html
    http://www.diamondlifegear.com/premiumpeghooks.html
    http://www.diamondlifegear.com/peghooks.html
    http://www.diamondlifegear.com/pegboard_baskets.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yea, but can you get it delivered to Ireland? and how much is that gonna cost?

I use a samurai sword rack, you can get the 3 stack ones very cheap and screw it to the wall, bobs your auntys bed buddy., ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 moccasin10

bullets wrote: »
    At the Moment my real steel rifle, my Star AW338 and my Kings Arms FAL
    are occupying my Gun safe. The AUG got kicked out when the AW338 arrived.

All the others are in a Wardrobe in the box room of my house.
    I have my garage converted into a room that I use for my model making
    and was going to dedicate a wall and get that Slat walling tha NakedDex
    mentioned. Dunno bout doing it downstairs yet though as undesireables
    or any passer by could see in if the blinds were open/up. I may
    be better converting my box room our using my back room.
    (Only myself and herself and no kids.....apart from 16 cats)

Main thing is I dont want to be drilling LOADS of holes to stick in
    loads of screws.

If I had more money I would get a Way Bigger Gun safe and store them there.
    As much as we all know here they are toys if ya did get broken into
    they would be a prize find for a criminal that Could mis-use them.

~B
    Hi bullets, could you please tell me where you purchased your aw338 and if its as awesome as i think it may be thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

if i recall it was from redwolf as it comes with there custom work to regulate the power, in turns of performance its long heavy heavy and single shot, and normal issues with gas power in Ireland, mags can also be hard to come by, coll factor its great practicality on the other hand...........

you can get the same performance form a spring bolt action for a lot less, in my eyes one for the collector

• Registered Users Posts: 8 moccasin10

Thanks for that,would you be interested in selling that piece of yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

P6290076.jpg

Got the unit online, from equipashop.com. Very fast delivery, had to buy the grid frame, two standlegs, base tray, and lots of hooks all seperately. All for around €100.

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    if i recall it was from redwolf as it comes with there custom work to regulate the power, in turns of performance its long heavy heavy and single shot, and normal issues with gas power in Ireland, mags can also be hard to come by, coll factor its great practicality on the other hand...........

you can get the same performance form a spring bolt action for a lot less, in my eyes one for the collector

I think honestly that the AW338 is quite useless for practical airsoft.
    and is mostly only good for display or for "just to have".
    The performance is really un-reliable. And the fact you cant
    get a full Spare mag for it sucks.

(But I love it and will never part with it)

~B

Advertisement