Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

5 wonderful years with my bf this year.

Interesting poll results, seems only 2 ppl are lucky enough to be hermaphrodites. It sure must be much more convenient:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I need to change my vote.

I originally voted yes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Very happily married for one year after having dated for over 9 years before that - I love being in love with my gorgeous hunk of a hubby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm in loads of relationships...

I'm my mother and father's son, my brother's brother, my granny's grandson :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Single and sucks... good looking gurl still single :mad: Standards too high
    1. 6ft tall
    2. black hair blue eyes(yeah i know-IMPOSSIBLE)
    3. Athletic-rugby player- dreams do come true
    4. Professional
    thats just the basics... hopefully my dream would come true in 2008:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Single, would love to meet a nice woman for windy walks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

single for life

i have neither the patience nor tolerance for gfs

i get tired of them VERY VERY VERY VERY quick and they manage to irritate the bejaysus out of me within a week, so i find its best not to bother, my brain wasnt wired for relationships

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

I fail to understand how some people that seem to be on here every waking moment of the day have time for relationships...or jobs.....or feeding.....or going to the toilet...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Advantage of recovering from cancer - I still am not up to working full time - the hubby is online at the moment too speaking to my cousin in the States on Skype. I eat by my laptop so that saves some valuable time away from Boards. Being in a relationship with my hubby is the thing that I am most proud of and gives me the most joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

DesF wrote: »
    I need to change my vote.

I originally voted yes.

Dumped on New Years Eve Des??:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Dumped on New Years Eve Des??:eek:

dumped is a harsh phrase for it... try released :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

dumped is a harsh phrase for it... try released :D

I'd fear for small children and puppies if Des was released on the streets. Rabid looking fella :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Toots85 wrote: »
    Interesting poll results, seems only 2 ppl are lucky enough to be hermaphrodites. It sure must be much more convenient:rolleyes:
    there are four now, looks like they have budded

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i wonder how many of these votes have changed over the christmas time:rolleyes:

irishbird wrote: »
    i wonder how many of these votes have changed over the christmas time:rolleyes:
    Not mine anyway, don't expect it to change any time soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Ibid wrote: »
    Nah don't there's two problems there, Hiller Boy.

I know there's not that many wimmin up that side of the town without the clap but don't give up hope, have a stroll through some of the greener pastures this side of the town and you might get lucky ;)

:eek:

oi! watch it!

haha, and i know htis is an old post, but that's not the point at all :mad:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

dumped is a harsh phrase for it... try released

I like that, thats a nice positive spin on things!

I was single from just before the X-Mas period, 1st time in 7 years (2 different relationships) Ive been single at X-Mas and wow it certainly was different, but cool. It gives a good sense of freedom, specially when you see some guys being dragged around in the sales on the 27th :p
    i wonder how many of these votes have changed over the Christmas time
    I would say a lot to be honest, the amount of posts in PI or in other sub forums is mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cellulite_sally

Been single now for about a year after i dated a girl for about 3 1/2 years.
    am 22 and it's the first time i've got to enjoy my youth :D since i was 17 :D

Im liking it but i wouldn't say no to a nice girl if you get my drift!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

wonder how many of these votes have changed over the Christmas time

I would say a lot to be honest, the amount of posts in PI or in other sub forums is mad.

Do you think its just THIS Christmas or Christmas time in general? Never really noticed it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I've been with my bearded Adonis for 5 years now. We have a wee girl and everything is just spiffing \o/

I can't actually remember what it is like to be single >_<

• Advertisement

milli wrote: »
    Do you think its just THIS Christmas or Christmas time in general? Never really noticed it before.

I can safely say, that after working in a pub for 3 X-Mas' the number of people who got together or ppl you heard across the bar talking bout
    "that asshole dumped me xmas day" or
    "that bitch dumped me today after me giving her presents yesterday"

was unreal. It seems to happen every X-Mas whether its people with drink are more excitable or hyper with all the drink and food or one half of a couple see all their single friends enjoying themselves that brings on this 'change of realtionship status' for a lot of people I don't know but defo seems to be a period of ups and downs

i reckon its cos at christmas you start thinking about the previous year, the good and the bad bits and you just realise, my god, if i spend another year with that lunatic, i will be done for manslaughter :rolleyes:

irishbird wrote: »
    i reckon its cos at christmas you start thinking about the previous year, the good and the bad bits and you just realise, my god, if i spend another girl with that lunatic, i will be done for manslaughter :rolleyes:

That cross your mind often irishbird :p and Im guessing you mean spend another year and not spending another girl. Girls dont grow on tress you know :D

Possibly. As I said earlier 1st xmas in so many years Ive been single and I dont mind, looked back at good bits and the bad ones and well if someone came along I don't complain but I'm not out hunting :p but I have to say its funny being in a NightClub or Pub on New Years and you see the dirty lonely feckers (guys mostly) moving slowly towards the group of girls at about 11.45pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

moving slowly towards the group of girls at about 11.45pm :D

so what is a good time for moving perhaps 9:45 pm and should it be done quickly using speed to hide your true motives whirlwind so to speak

Im busy trying to end something with someone now but she doesn't seem to want to get the message and keeps confusing me with offers of sex(she knows my one weakness is sex)

so what is a good time for moving perhaps 9:45 pm and should it be done quickly using speed to hide your true motives whirlwind so to speak

Im busy trying to end something with someone now but she doesn't seem to want to get the message and keeps confusing me with offers of sex(she knows my one weakness is sex)
    I'm not sure, still working on that. As for your other issue, I'm sure some boardsie will take her sex off your hands if its difficult :p
    Plus that kinda proves the above of another x-mas / new year relationship status change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I'm coming to the end of a two-year engagement ;)

00112984 wrote: »
    I'm coming to the end of a two-year engagement ;)

Sorry I've been up since 5am.......... end of a two year engagement in a good way or a bad way :p

That cross your mind often irishbird :p and Im guessing you mean spend another year and not spending another girl. Girls dont grow on tress you know :D

yeah, meant year, sorry of my friends recently dumped his girlfried and that was a direct quote, she was kinda irratating, so all is good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

single and have been for a long time, getting somewhat fed up of it to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hexx

I am and I amn't. I got dumped and undumped three times yesterday ;) But seriously, yeah I'm in a very happy relationship, it's not without it's problems, but it's ticking along nicely and definitely getting better every day. Not your typical relationship my partner is a transsexual.

This isn't a relationship I would have imagined would ever happen to me but you can't pre decide who's path you may cross some day and who you fall for :)

Advertisement