Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Phone Credit.

Options
  • 20-11-2007 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

So if you have a ready to go or had, what was the highest amount of credit you ever had in your phone at any one time and why?

For me it was 33.56:eek: Bought a €20 Top Up without bothering to do the *174#:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

mine was like 95 back in the days when you got all 80euro credit at once when u bought the phone,i had 15 already on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

120 when I bought a V525. Spent it all ringing this girl and got nothing out of it :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dunno, couple hundred, bout thirty in it atm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

£90 back in the day when nobody had phones hence nobody to ring/text :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Dunno, couple hundred

WHA!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

€120, a few weeks ago. Still have €47.63

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

€100 I got free when I bought the phone. 2 cent in it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've only ever had a bill phone.

Everyone I know seems to be permanently in a state of running out of credit... how do you people live like that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I had about 3-4 hundred on my very first meteor phone, they had only launched so I bought a phone and there was 300 on the sim card aswell as the free credit that came with it. I only copped the 300 after a couple of days when I rang to check my balance. It was sweet cos I rang them about it and they just left it there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Steyr wrote: »
    WHA!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

not that big a shock, if i'm going abroad for a few days, I normally stick a good bit in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

about €50, I'm on bill pay now though. Much easier, it was a pain in the arse having to go buy credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

200 a few years ago, needed it for travelling around europe in an motorhome. Lasted about 10 days :(

Bill now tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i think it was €10... might have been twenty at one stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

120 when I bought a V525. Spent it all ringing this girl and got nothing out of it :(

But you learn't your lesson so it was worth it yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I had about 3-4 hundred on my very first meteor phone, they had only launched so I bought a phone and there was 300 on the sim card aswell as the free credit that came with it. I only copped the 300 after a couple of days when I rang to check my balance. It was sweet cos I rang them about it and they just left it there!!

why did you ring them to brag?

I think i had IR£80 like a previous poster when it all came lumped on a new phone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Had no credit because Meteor charged me for calls by mistake so I got my credit back and a bit extra. (10 altogether) Topped up with 20 for my free calls/texts. Phone broke, had to get another one, got 20 free for registering, had 50 on the phone. Going to top up with 20 to get my free calls/texts at the end of the month, will get 10 euro a month for doing so. (At the moment I have 46.23.

Bit of a false economy really, I'm spending loads of money just to get the free calls and texts! In fairness, I text a lot and call my friend for free a lot, so it's all good.

I do remember my sister having over 80 euro credit at some stage.

It goes faster because you think you have loads and call or text loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

not that big a shock, if i'm going abroad for a few days, I normally stick a good bit in.

Its just he never gave a reason!!! thats why i said WHA!!!!!!!!!! Im the same if overseas for a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rob_l wrote: »
    why did you ring them to brag?

I think i had IR£80 like a previous poster when it all came lumped on a new phone

I rang to see why it was there, I was afraid that the would take it back and when I put more credit in they would take what I used out of it and I could have been in a big minus!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

About €100 shortly before I moved to billpay and was getting heavily pissed off with topping up every few days.

I don't see why anyone over the age of 18 is still using kiddie methods of paying for it. I was having to put €150+ a month on, same network my average bill is now 60. Calls and data actually cost reasonable amounts, not obscene ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Something along the lines of 180 euros, I switched over to o2 and they messed up and I ended up with lots of credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Everyone I know seems to be permanently in a state of running out of credit... how do you people live like that?

They simply survive by borrowing my bleedin bill phone! /shakes fist!!

I topped up my phone by €200 before a holiday a couple of years ago. Stupid idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 silly_willy

Man, I dunno about highest...........I probably owe Vodafone a ton of money. I'm cack at buying credit, always using the IOU thingy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I've only ever had a bill phone.

by using as much credit as we need and buying more if/when necessary, but apparently only texting you when we are running low? sorry on behalf of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think it was around 80 europeans or maybe punts when I bought a Nokia 3330 new. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

MYOB wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone over the age of 18 is still using kiddie methods of paying for it.

Dunno what my max amount was, I suppose around €60

I'm 24 and still use pay as you go because it only costs me around €20 a month and I get free texts to meteor (lots of my family / friends are on that). I text topup with my bank account once a month to get my free texts for the month. Cant understand people paying bills and line rental when there's a cheaper option :p Couldn't be handier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hundred odd going to the US.

Now on a company phone so think I have about €3 left on my other sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Max amount about 40-50 yoyos. I only spend about 30 euro a month so no point getting a bill pay phone. Oh, and the AIB text top-up is so handy I can't believe everyone doesn't do it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

missmatty wrote: »
    Oh, and the AIB text top-up is so handy I can't believe everyone doesn't do it! :rolleyes:

Thank you!!!! Although I hope that wasnt sarcasm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cathooo wrote: »
    Dunno what my max amount was, I suppose around €60

I'm 24 and still use pay as you go because it only costs me around €20 a month and I get free texts to meteor (lots of my family / friends are on that). I text topup with my bank account once a month to get my free texts for the month. Cant understand people paying bills and line rental when there's a cheaper option :p Couldn't be handier!

You know we get those free texts *all the time* on meteor bill pay, right?

Advertisement