Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can some translate this German for me

Options
  • 19-11-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hey guys sorry if this isn't the best place to put this but could not think of anywhere else.

I'm buying some nintendo wii's from Germany and haven't a clue what the guy is on about in his emails. Can someone please translate the following for me?

hallo ich kann noch 2 stück extra senden ich kann die ihn 4-5 tagen bei mir haben wenn sie haben möchten kann ich für sie zurück legen
    preis 465 euro inkl porto für 2 stück extra

and this one?

ok dann noch mal melden wenn 1 kosole bei ihnen dann wir können noch mal reden

i've been talking to the lad using a web translater, (not easy)

Thanks in advance,

Briman

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

hallo ich kann noch 2 stück extra senden ich kann die ihn 4-5 tagen bei mir haben wenn sie haben möchten kann ich für sie zurück legen preis 465 euro inkl porto für 2 stück extra

Hello, I can still 2 pieces extra I can send him 4-5 days with me, if they wish, I can have them put back
    Price 465 euro incl porto for 2 pieces extra

Ok then again reported when 1 kosole with them then we can talk again

Google doesn't seem to make much sence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

"hallo ich kann noch 2 stück extra senden ich kann die ihn 4-5 tagen bei mir haben wenn sie haben möchten kann ich für sie zurück legen
    preis 465 euro inkl porto für 2 stück extra"

I'll give it a go..

Hi, I can send another 2. I can have them in 4-5 days. If you want them I can hold them for you. Cost 465 eu. inc porto? for two extra.

Next bit is weird.

"ok dann noch mal melden wenn 1 kosole bei ihnen dann wir können noch mal reden"

Ok let me one when you have one console(notsure??). We can talk then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

what he is saying is "I know the Wii is nigh on impossible to get hold of, but you should really be trying play.com"

My pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Right lads thanks a million for the quick reply's.

I might get back onto ye again at a later date for some more translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://babelfish.altavista.com works sometimes. There is a German Lingo forum Deutsch (German) under Soc Languages in case you have more stuff.

• Advertisement

Right lads thanks a million for the quick reply's.

I might get back onto ye again at a later date for some more translation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Translation...

"...You vill tell us vot we want to know immediately or ve will employ
    ze more persuasive methods!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I hope that isn't €465 each...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

No, it's for both, including postage and packaging.
    Let him know when you receive the first one and youse can talk about sending the next two, if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Why not use the ever reliable and occasionally hillarious google translator:
    the first bit:

Hello, I can still 2 pieces extra I can send him 4-5 days with me, if they wish, I can have them put back
    Price 465 euro incl porto for 2 pieces extra

And the second bit:
    Ok then again reported when 1 kosole with them then we can talk again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

it seems the original German sender needs a German class as well...holy crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

galah wrote: »
    it seems the original German sender needs a German class as well...holy crap!

Warum sagst du, eyh?
    Isse doch voll echt normal Deutsch Alder, oder?

I'd say this guys name is Mehmet or Ali or something ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

voll krass normal, ey.

oooooohhhh, exactly what I was thinking - but obviously, I would never have written so ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

When we were bored in college we used to type stuff into google translator, translate it into french or something, and then translate that back to english, for hilarious results!

Becomes:

When we are bored from the University are used to enter information into our translator, translated into French and then translated into a top or something in English, for a pleasant results!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Why are you buying something from somebody you don't understand, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If that German is anything to go by then I wouldn't consider buying anything from him! Sounds well dodge, don't think it was just you OP that was using the online translator!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

it's spelled like German, but looks structurally exactly like Dutch. The two languages aren't that similar are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭roy123456789

Did you get the Wii and does he have any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

If the guy is originally turkish (pretty good chance he might be) then that would explain the very dodgy german. Seen the likes of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Even if he is Turkish or something it doesn't necessarily mean it's a scam, there's a lot more (non-European) immigrants over here than in Ireland, and many of them don't speak the native language (or English). It's a big problem in the Netherlands cause they take their kids who speak Dutch, English and the mother tongue out of school during the day to go to the doctors and shops and stuff. But they still do business the same as everyone else and are equally honest and dishonest like everyone else. Ask him if there's another language he's more comfortable speaking or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

hallo ich kann noch 2 stück extra senden ich kann die ihn 4-5 tagen bei mir haben wenn sie haben möchten kann ich für sie zurück legen
    preis 465 euro inkl porto für 2 stück extra.

"Hello. I can still send 2 extra pieces. I can have them in 4-5 days. If you like I can reduce the price to 465 euro including postage and packaging for the two pieces."

and the second piece. "Then get back to me when you receive the first console. we can then talk again". Guys grammar, syntax semantics and even morphology is all over the shop! Definately not a native German speaker. Probably a Turk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Nimm mich jetzt, unter der diskokugel!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hope the OP hasn't paid by Western Union to a dude in Italy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

The German's not bad, but the guy doesn't seem to know what commas, full stops or capital letters are....I wouldn't assume he's NOT a native German speaker because of this. How many native English speakers do you know who do the exact same in English?! Just a thought.

Gey guys, Can't believe this tread is still getting a big of interest.

To answer one question, no I didn't I paid some dodgy dude in Italy by western Union.

I probable paid some dodgy dude in Germany, I paid by international bank transfer. Probable not any better.

Anyways here is my latest email.

nein falsch
    empfänger
    rolf engelhardt ich habe das au
    ch geschriben an sie lese unten email vielicht wird doch gut geschriben ich werde bis morgen alles prüfen

Google translator isn't making much sense of it, any ideas guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

briman1983 wrote: »
    nein falsch
    empfänger
    rolf engelhardt ich habe das au
    ch geschriben an sie lese unten email vielicht wird doch gut geschriben ich werde bis morgen alles prüfen

no wrong
    recipient Rolf Engelhart (= name)
    I did write that to you
    read e-mail below
    perhaps it will be credited nonetheless
    I will check everything by tomorrow

Well ...that's the "sense" I would make of it. Dear Mr Engelhart (not Mehmet then:D) has a way of writing German that even baffles a native German

sorry roy in late reply in getting back to ya.

No haven't gotten the wii yet, he's saying he's waiting on the money but he should have it by now.

Once/If I receive this one i'll be ordering another two more for friends of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

While we're on the subject...

Wondering if anyone can help me -

I'm looking to buy on eBay.de - and there are two different type of purchasing -
    Sofort Kaufen (buy it now) and Sofort & Neu - what does the latter mean in this context??
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Nintendo-Wii-Kons...QQcmdZViewItem

Danke!

Well can anyone amke sense of this one.

hallo nindendo geht montag dienstag raus geld ist da
    liebe grüße

think he's saying he got the money and will have it posted monday or tuesda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

briman1983 wrote: »
    Well can anyone amke sense of this one.

hallo nindendo geht montag dienstag raus geld ist da