Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thow your hat in the ring

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Scumbag. Anyone who, while being interviewed by MTV, squirts their own blood from a syringe all over the camera, is in my books a scumbag.
    He's gotten really far with very little talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

6th - Drugs are illegal, you directly supply him money for his CD, he uses said money for drugs, ergo you fund drugs.

Buying cars is not illegal and if he hits a girl, thats an accident your money has no control over that.

If you stop buying his CDs he will have no money and therefore will have no money to buy drunks.

CD <
    > Drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Scumbag. Anyone who, while being interviewed by MTV, squirts their own blood from a syringe all over the camera, is in my books a scumbag.

That's f!cking horrible. Scumbag. He should have been sued for that what with all the diseases that can be picked up from blood. Particularly if he's been shooting up.

Well if you believe Pete, the only reason he did drugs was because Rimbaud did :rolleyes:

Pity he's nowhere even close to Rimbauds league in terms of talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    Anyone who buys his CDs is directly contributing to purchase and use of drugs

I don't think your opinion on drug use should affect your decision to buy a cd anyway. If you want an album, buy it. Who cares what he does with the money.

You sound like Mary Whitehouse, or Mr.Garrison, or somebody.
    "Drugs are bad, mmmmkay"

Also your musical taste must be severly limited if you don't buy cd's based on a worry that the artist uses drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Anyone who buys his CDs is directly contributing to purchase and use of drugs.

You need to get out more tbh. So anyone that bought an elvis record contributed to his death? What a ridiculous statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 foxface

Anyone who buys his CDs is directly contributing to purchase and use of drugs.

apologies for my "badly worded post"

reiterating what 6th said, albeit in a slightly different way..
    you walk in to mcdonalds. the person who gives you your burger and chips is in fact a heroin addict. by buying it, youre indirectly financing the drug trade.

do you buy, anything?
    and also, out of interest, what music do you listen to?

im not saying that because pete doherty is an addict we should like him. im questioning the presumptions, and the mediascape which means he is famous for being famous.
    there, imo, is more to him than that.

What I am saying is since he is such a scumbag I don't buy his CDs to fund his drug habit. I would be happy to contribute to the killing of another more talented star.

Seems like most people on this thread and McDonalds obssessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

6th - Drugs are illegal, you directly supply him money for his CD, he uses said money for drugs, ergo you fund drugs.

Buying cars is not illegal and if he hits a girl, thats an accident your money has no control over that.

If you stop buying his CDs he will have no money and therefore will have no money to buy drunks.

CD <
    > Drugs

And do the staff of any shop or service you use buy drugs?

Yeah some of them do, but as i said a burger flipper has more talent that Dirtohery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok so your arguement for not buying his CDs isn't worth a crap ... you just dont like him. Well done for getting down off your horse :D

• Advertisement

Whose arguing I am right and your opinion isnt of consequence.

Buy his CD fund his drug habit simple economics. Pointing out the obvious.

Advertisement