Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountants - hot or not.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have had a good few accountant customers over the years. Some are a little hot but mostly... not :D
    I do not think boring is the right word though.... In the office, maybe... they need silence to concentrate etc... however... that just means once you get them out of the office they are probably just looking for an excuse to let loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

fúckin bean counters the lot of em, you would get more excitement out of a washing machine and a carrot then eddie hobbs and his calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

cance wrote: »
    fúckin bean counters the lot of em, you would get more excitement out of a washing machine and a carrot then eddie hobbs and his calculator.

wealthy intelligent bean counters:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I find it's normally a bad idea to base anyone's potential hotness on there job.

With regards to accountants, any social interaction I have had with them has been based around them talking about some **** forms or exams or protocols and then falling over because they can't handle their drink but seeming to be proud of that fact.

Also, most conversations seem to open with what the income will be in 5 years time.

I've only met two accountants that I didn't want to punch straight away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've a couple of mates who are accountants, when they were studying I met quite a few of their classmates. Well up for a session the lot of them. Several hotties, and one who was absolutely stunning.
    Accountants can be very hot.
    As for the OP - Eddie Hobbs.... come on! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Went out with one briefly last year. She and her accountant gal-pals were all complete lashers.

So yay to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Well I'm a part-qualified accountant and I'd consider myself to be a hell of a lot better looking than that little Eddie Hobbs twerp. While there are plenty of mingers in accountancy, I don't think it's any different to other professions really. There were a good few hot girls in my last class. Wouldn't mind having a bird who is a qualified accountant , so she could help me with my exams. Would be very handy indeed :D

cance wrote: »

Cobblers, the majority of them are only in it for the cash/steady job.

It's a tired old cliche to say that accountants are all boring. The most boring people of all - if we are judging on profession - are I.T people, computer technicians etc. Boring, borrrrrrrrrrrrring people....all men as well - think comic-book-store guy in The Simpons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ what a pot-kettle-black moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

It's a tired old cliche to say that accountants are all boring. The most boring people of all - if we are judging on profession - are I.T people, computer technicians etc. Boring, borrrrrrrrrrrrring people....all men as well - think comic-book-store guy in The Simpons.

lol, an accountant calling the IT geek boring... at least most IT nuts have interests outside their jobs...

accountants... *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ what a pot-kettle-black moment.

what exactly is a pot-kettle-black moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Accountants that don't talk about accounting and aren't ugly could probably be considered sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

well so long as they stay in it, good for them.

This of course does not stop them from being monotonously boring eejits.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Accountants that don't talk about accounting and aren't ugly could probably be considered sexy.

Ok, I don't know any accountants who talk about balance sheets and month-end accounts etc., but all computer geeks go on about is the latest gamer craze, and how their new Dell has a super-core mega processor etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong - NO females work in IT. I can honestly say that there isn't a prevailing type nof personality that goes into accountancy, as far as I can tell anyway.

Consider yourself corrected. There's plenty of females in IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

There was some study done and the majority of accountants are ESTJ personalities according to it. The E stood for extroverted. Can't remember the rest but that's enough!

I'm doing a masters in accounting and we've been told a lot that the stereotype is long outdated. The job is more varied and interesting now with the new roles we play and it is a career full of young people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The job is more varied and interesting now with the new roles we play and it is a career full of young people

with respect to the old roles.... which were extremely dull and boring.... so now they are only somewhat dull and boring...

oh, and watch half those young people leave the profession due to sheer boredom. if anything there's more young 'uns in a/c because all the old ones had enough... it's the ones who do it their whole lives who you have to watch out for...

see? i can talk as much ****e as theChessplayer... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Poppy Cock

cazzy wrote: »
    why does everyone think that accountants are boring.

I mean Eddie Hobbs is tres cool and interesting and not to mention a bit of a hottie.
    Who's Eddie?

Advertisement