Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny New Stuff!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

segaBOY wrote: »
    Forcing conscription on someone who's political view would bitterly oppose it simply wouldn't work, yes I think it's a good idea but no I don't think it would work in Ireland.

Like i said as in Germany if you dont want to serve your Country your put to work in Hospitals NOW perhaps that would work over here too:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Steyr wrote: »
    Like i said as in Germany if you dont want to serve your Country your put to work in Hospitals NOW perhaps that would work over here too:o

LOL conscription Minister for Health better than Mary Harney? Could be onto something there!! :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Would be safer in the Army then working in an Irish Hospital! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

segaBOY wrote: »
    Forcing conscription on someone who's political view would bitterly oppose it simply wouldn't work, yes I think it's a good idea but no I don't think it would work in Ireland.

Furthermore, with free education those going to college are not going to want to take a year or two out of their education so easily

Conscripting a generation that's thoroughly incapable of looking after itself in the wilderness of punchestown racecourse and the fields of stradbally into an organisation styled (depending on how its translated) the "volunteers of Ireland"
    does have a certain ring of irony to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ldooley

neilled wrote: »
    Conscripting a generation that's thoroughly incapable of looking after itself in the wilderness of punchestown racecourse and the fields of stradbally into an organisation styled (depending on how its translated) the "volunteers of Ireland"
    does have a certain ring of irony to it.

Ya in my day we walked 50 miles to get to school etc.

Give it a rest, not all of this generation is like that, maybe if you look past a few "rich kids" living of their parents borrowed money inside the pale

I do think a good ol extra bit of patriotism around the place would help to get people's interests in the Army and conscription but that could be considered "fascist" which is bull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

which in yer opinions is the better apc the sisu(if we had new ones) or the mowag

i've heard people prefer the xa-180

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

nobody wants to answer:confused::confused:

Advertisement