Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nov 11 episode

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The guy that the police in the UK shot on the tube.

Edit/ Some info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Just watched the repeat, as I had to see it again. It was a great episode. Am I the only one who didn't find the Brazilian electrician joke offensive? Anyway it was great to see the Stig involved in the challenge. He must've gotten some strange looks that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

was the lewis hamilton bit on the back of the paper supposed to be some sort of clue to the stigs identity

Thought that part was very funny. Just watched it second time round and its still hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

spadder wrote: »
    he sounds like Damon Hill, He has the slight lisp that Damon Hill has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihIf1Fi-BM

I think Nigel Mansell is quite tall, Brundle has a bit of a belly

I think most people know at this stage that the original black Stig was Perry McCarthy and that the current white Stig is believed to be a number of different drivers who carry out the role whenever they're available. The current list of drivers who seem to most regularly rotate the role between them seems to be Ben Collins, Julian Bailey and Damon Hill, who it sounded like was carrying out the role the day that video above was filmed. Definitely sounded like Hill on that day alright. ;)

Nigel Mansell, nah, I doubt he's ever done it. As already mentioned, he's pretty tall but also quite stocky and broad shouldered and The Stig doesn't have that look about him, he looks much skinnier than that. Don't think it's Brundle either. As I said, I think it's widely accepted now that it's mainly rotated between Collins, Bailey and Hill (and very occassionally Nicolas Minassian) as and when they're available.

Don't forget that Heikki Kovalinen (Renault test driver at the time) also played the part of The Stig once too, back a couple of years ago when the Renault F1 car did that lap around the track.

Advertisement