Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Flatley in Kettle and Pot Incident

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Only watched a min or two of the first link there....
    not sure I could watch any more

Anyway -- people wouldn't visit ireland if we told them there were no leprechauns...

silly Flatley and his odd tan...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah it's a bit rich innit? He who wouldn't be as rich as he is, had he not mined that stereotype for years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i don't understand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Mordeth wrote: »
    i don't understand..

I think what he's trying to say ... is Michael Flatley is a bit mental...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It's his cold eveil eyes that scare me.. and his oddly perfect hair. He seriously gives me the creeps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Michael Flatley is sexy as hell, I'd love to experiment with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

that 1916 thing is hilarious!! Oh I bet the audiences in America would love it.. they probably think it happened exactly like that

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Strange Orange-faced dude, slightly podgy, groomed to within an inch of his life, gets Freedom of Cork City...now that IS a laughing matter...begorrah and begob!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Big Tone wrote: »
    Strange Orange-faced dude, slightly podgy, groomed to within an inch of his life, gets Freedom of Cork City...now that IS a laughing matter...begorrah and begob!

QFT - A real Langer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

does anyone else think that the 1916 rising link was ****ing amazing? i did anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

MooseJam wrote: »

Surely you mean experiment ON him???

He makes me vomit with his pseudo-Oirish accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

that 1916 thing is hilarious!! Oh I bet the audiences in America would love it.. they probably think it happened exactly like that

Yeah probably would:rolleyes: correct me If I am wrong were the Redcoats over here aswell thought that was an earlier period and was it not the Black and tans??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

Ok, I haven't watched the you tube thing due to my comp not having an update something or other - but there's nothing wrong with promoting Irish culture a bit more. I'm very aware that we're becoming very like everywhere else - the same big shops, coffee places, restaurants, music, tv programmes, etc.
    I could go on but have to stop now as I'm quite uncomfortable with the thought that I actually might agree with Michael Flatley.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

mike65 wrote: »
    He wants Ireland to be 'more Irish' and less foreign and a global Irish TV station.
    Die Flatley Die!
    It's still funny that as a nation, we love to criticise ourselves, but if a 'foreigner' does it, we're up in arms and standing on our desks orating the 1916 Declaration of Independence.

I didn't realise that post Celtic-Tiger, we were still that insecure about ourselves.

The big problem for me is admitting that Flatley is basically right.

As we are so fond of saying here on boards, play the ball, not the man.

We've whored ourselves at the corporate gang-bang, and now our punter has his eye on a cheaper and more attractive partner - i.e. China.

I could whinge on for hours about how we've lost our national identity, but the basic fact is less that 5% of us could cobble together an intelligible sentence in our own national language. End of story.

Yeah probably would:rolleyes: correct me If I am wrong were the Redcoats over here aswell thought that was an earlier period and was it not the Black and tans??

I'd answer you good sir, but thanks to my school not allowing me to take history after Leaving Cert I am not the strongest on Irish History.

Michael Flatley probably knows a lot, I am glad that he is educating people like me, who don't know much about the Rising. I think it is a sign of how tragic the whole thing was, that two civilised peoples could not put their differences aside and come together to truly unite in dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

two civilised peoples could not put their differences aside and come together to truly unite in dance

Ahahaa. Let us lay down our arms and kick up our heels :D

I don't know why but I was extremely turned on when I watched that... Maybe the sight of the explosions going off in the background coupled with those strong men doing aggressive dance moves....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

So I'm not the only one who thought that first video was actually ok?

It's like he got the Neptunes involved at some point, if not for the cheering it would be rapa

And the finale... the man's not a cnut at all at all - if I were his wife, I'd let him beat me all over the place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

I thought Michael Flatley was a leprechaun.

Or was that an Oompah Loompah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Michael Flatley is completely crazy.

Imagine trying to have a conversation with that lad, you'd just end up beating his head off a door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

was it not the Black and tans??
    NO! (they came after, in 1916 it was the DMP and the army)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Mordeth wrote: »
    i don't understand..
    Stop self medicating then :P

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

NO! (they came after, in 1916 it was the DMP and the army)

Yeah fine but redcoats???? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Yeah fine but redcoats???? I don't think so.

Is it only now people realize that Flatley is off with fairies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yes yes yes! I loved the way the English just got served there! Historic recreation thru the medium of dance is clearly the way forward. Flatley is a genius.

I suppose it would be too much to hope for a reinactment of the 2006 "Siege of O'Connell St.", where brave Celtic (jersey wearing) Warriors defended our nations capital from the maurading Orange menace? :confused:

Man I feel so patriotic right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Aw man i thought this was going to be another "man has sex with bicycle threads". :D
    Damn misleading thread titles.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

just watched the first 1916 video, its flashy and well staged/lighted but shouldn't it show the few irish that did have go at the english getting the **** kicked out of them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MooseJam wrote: »
    are you a vivisectionist ? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

riverdance etc was always just a trade show sideshow, a handy corporate outing, for the IDA whiley tried to sell our meat or bribe a pharmaceutical company to open a factory here.

the yankey doodley ending is appropriate flately knew what he was doing.
    (dervish too)

Advertisement