Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Watches a tumbleweed roll across the street*

Options
  • 08-11-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Hello?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hi there!

How can I be of service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Just thought I'd post something - this area seems deserted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

/me pokes the tumbleweed.

Yup. It's breathing. Just about.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post something - this area seems deserted :p
    Yeah...been a while since there was any forum based roleplaying going on here... =(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

How about bringing the Warhammer thread to a conclusion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd love to, but work has destroyed my ability to write anything even remotely creative. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

YaaaaY i finally remember my password for boards :)

i used to run several form based games here many many many MANY moons ago.

If people were still interested i suppose i could start again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

There are a variety of online clients for running rpg's (I believe that DnD 4 will have a pretty comprehensive suite) which might be worth your while looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

'AL wrote:
    [EN;54530145']YaaaaY i finally remember my password for boards :)

SLA ?

or somethings else ?

'AL wrote:
    [EN;54530145']YaaaaY i finally remember my password for boards :)

Your ideas intruige me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Ohhhhhh a freeform RPG would be interesting, it could losen things up a bit.
    Maybe something set in an historic era like greece, rome, feudal japan, WWII. Prehaps even altering events in some way to remove stagnation but retain character traits, something like an alien invasion during the battle of the bulge, or a roman empire that discovers gunpowder, etc....

There are a variety of online clients for running rpg's (I believe that DnD 4 will have a pretty comprehensive suite) which might be worth your while looking at.

Sounds interesting? kinda like a MUD then yea Rev?

Thing is i have limited access to boards from now on (but at least its still access god life without boards for the last year and a half has been so <SNIFF> boring)

So personally i wouldnt really be able to use it, I prefer boards roleplaying since it gives me time to think what cruel strange twisted things im going to do to my players next :D

plus if the 2 to 3 games turns a week usually means its a causally paced game that everyone can play in their spare time.

In all honesty thaed id run anything.

SLA,
    AD&D
    Call of Cuthulu
    Vampire
    Heck id even do WoW if i could find the source book somewhere!

The let the peeps decide what game they want to play and then id run it for sure.

Im not very good at free form RPG's im afraid i dont think id be able to run one, Im pretty good at GM'ing most of your standard run of the mill tabletop RPG games but nothing out of the ordinary.

so what people think anyone interested for a game and if so what game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I'm in for Cthulu, OWoD and Shadowrun or any "freeform" stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

'AL wrote:
    [EN;54536480']Sounds interesting? kinda like a MUD then yea Rev?
    Not really, more like irc and netmeeting etc combined. openrpg might be the closest thing to it currently.

Something PA maybe?

/me reread teh sla game here.

3 guess what I woudl like to play again :D

Not sure about D&D AL][EN you have too much revenge to take out on me from the last time we played dragon mountain.

Right so thats 3 definates if i can get 5 or 6 people interested i'll run a game.

PA? Qwertz .... never herd of it what is it?

again i wouldnt mind trying a free form RPG but i really cant see it working, thats just being honest. I dont have much experience running freeform RPG's i more main stream stuff myself.

I not too pushed about running SLA again. i will if thats what peeps want!
    I can run any WoD game you want or Call of Culuthu I have scenarios written for both actually.

we get one or two more players then decide 100% on a game we all would like to play and i'll draft something up

I would be interested but I am painfully unaware, having never played any of these variations, if somebody could point me in the direction of some guideslines and/or rules.

PA=Post-apocalyptic
    'AL wrote:
    [EN;54538063']Right so thats 3 definates if i can get 5 or 6 people interested i'll run a game.

PA? Qwertz .... never herd of it what is it?

again i wouldnt mind trying a free form RPG but i really cant see it working, thats just being honest. I dont have much experience running freeform RPG's i more main stream stuff myself.

I not too pushed about running SLA again. i will if thats what peeps want!
    I can run any WoD game you want or Call of Culuthu I have scenarios written for both actually.

we get one or two more players then decide 100% on a game we all would like to play and i'll draft something up

I'd prefer something systembased rather than freeform. Don't know SLA, but I can get my hands on a rulebook and learn it if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Well, hunter is always fun, as is an intrigue (low powered) Vamp-fest. Xmas themed Cthulu games are cool too (snow+tentacles=holiday cheer)

Not too keen on D&D ... I put my wizards hat away a long time ago.

SLA Industries is the closest thing i can think of to a PA type game. I've run several games before on this form and it can be quite fun to play

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLA_Industries

Thats the basic info on SLA should give you an idea of the type of game it is, Its actually if your crossed blade runner with judge dredd thats kind of the setting its like.

I only mentioned DnD as its a well played game. I hung up my DnD boots a long time ago and i dont really plan on straping them on again any time soon,

I have a SLA and call of cuthulu Scenarios written unfortunatly none of them are festive involve snow or tenticles.

Right now SLA or CoC seem to be clear favourites to play. i'll post how the game works in my next post.

the one thing you'll have to note before starting to play any online game espically if its a play by form / play by email is the game unfortunatly takes a long LONG time to play. Usually about 3 to 4 game turns a week. I can run the game as fast or as slow as you want.

At one point we were actually running 1 game turn a day.

So if your going to play this your going to be in for the long haul.

The game is played thusly:

i create 3 threads on this form

1) Game turns
    2) Player Chat (In Character)
    3) out of character chat

1) this is the game turns thread everything that happens in the game world will be posted here. I'll post with as much details as i can what happens everyturn and you get one post per turn it can be as short or as long as you want and be as descriptive as you want but you ONLY GET 1. Once everyone posts there turn i'll make the required rolls Vs skills etc and post what happens next. EVERYTHING you do and say on this thread your character will do and say there's no joking or kidding around here if you post "i go over and shoot the guard" even if you were messing your character will go over and shoot the guard.

Also if possible if you could try and stay in character in this thread i would be most greatful

2) Player chat (in the form of a COMMS channel) internal communications within the team. If you want to talk to one another without any of the NPCs in the game world hearing you post them here. again if you could stay in character here id be greatful too.

3) out of character chat: anything goes here [as long as it abides by the form rules and policies] in or out of character chat, random craziness, etc etc happens here

this is the way i've ran the last 3 games and it worked fine.

everyone ok with that?

now will i post a poll to see what game were going to play or how we gonna do this?

sounds good, I like the sound of the SLA game.

Id go for either SLA or Call of Cuthulu myself, either or i dont mind

anyone else?

Im doing up a text file on SLA industries which will help those that have not played SLA industries before. its quite large and goes into details on what the game is about. So i can either post it in a new Thread here or PM it to people if you can PM attachments to people.

I haven't used boards in over 18 months so i dont know if you can do that or not yet.

If SLA is the game were playing i'll start doing up the character generation rules and how to get started. I have the first 2 or 3 game turns already mapped out if you like i just need final numbers confimed (I'll PM you all over the coming days) and we'll do up a char for all of you.

All in all we should be able to kick this off from next week Im aiming for Wed or Thurs by the time we have characters made up for everyone. I'll post the SLA info on monday for you all to read cos its late now and its on my work PC and i cant get it.

toodles see you all monday

Raphael wrote: »
    I'd prefer something systembased rather than freeform. Don't know SLA, but I can get my hands on a rulebook and learn it if needs be.

SLA is wonderful.

Based on how much fun the SLA game at Gaelcon seemed, I'm inclined to agree.

I'm in, I have been reading up on mort and its inhabitants.

• Advertisement

SLA sounds interesting, let's give it a try.

Advertisement