Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Methods of encryption... Cyphers...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just use 1337 speak. Only the 1337 will be able to decipher what you are saying then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU ARE A FANTASTIC CODE BREAKER.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

There's a good book by Simon Singh on this called, imaginatively enough, The Code Book. You should pick it up if this subject interests you.
    Terry wrote: »
    A=1
    b=2
    c=3

Way to give away our state secrets Terry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just use varying keywords.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Giblet wrote: »
    Good ol' ROT13

Before there were [noparse]
    [/noparse] tags. Kids these days have to use tools to convert to/from ROT13. I BLAME THE POOR EDUMACATION SYSTEM ON BERTIE!!1! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Do a thing without using "E".

Difficult to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Terry wrote: »
    Do a thing without using "E".

Difficult to sort out.
    It's deinitely possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You'd easily get the o's then the t, the the u, in your example.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Giblet wrote: »
    You'd easily get the o's then the t, the the u, in your example.
    txt spk it is then.

Indechipherable by any adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Write your message in Irish, nobody will be able to understand it then. Except maybe a few beardies in Connemara.

The yanks did something similar with the Navajo Codetalkers, although im sure Irish is much more indecipherable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

@TheRigger - Legend :D

I am doing encryption for my final year project so I know more than I could really care about. I had a presentation a few weeks ago about it and my nerves were really killing me beforehand, so I decided to bombard the presentation panel with as much jargon as possible so they wouldn't ask any questions. They were all academics and lecturers, so they were afraid to show that they had no idea what I was talking about, so all went quite well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Write your message in Irish, nobody will be able to understand it then. Except maybe a few beardies in Connemara.

The yanks did something similar with the Navajo Codetalkers, although im sure Irish is much more indecipherable.

LOL

Advertisement