Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Mocha in supermarkets?

Options
  • 02-11-2007 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

anyone know if/where u can buy white mocha to do at home?

it will save me buying it in the expensive coffee shops!

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I think Nescafe do a version that would be widely available. Don't know how much it would resemble the real thing though.

Edit/ Found it here

589364.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

thanks for the reply.they dont seem to do white mocha do they?

i suppose i cud try buying white drinking chocolate powder(if theres such a thing) and mix it with espresso?

how do u do the steamed milk?

thanks

Sorry, I over looked the 'white' part of your post. Have a read of rockbeer's excellent post here, it looks good, I'll be trying it myself. You could maybe substitute the ingredients as you wish...

As for steaming milk, I have a frother on my coffee machine, don't know how you'd froth it otherwise but I'll have a dig round and see if there's an alternative method.

I was in BT this morning. They have an aermatic frother for €64.95 if you want to splash out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Cheapest method to froth milk for those without an espresso machine with
    frother is to heat up a cup of cold milk in microwave (just make sure not
    to boil the milk as you will not froth boiled milk) and then put the hot milk
    in a French press. After about 30 seconds of rapid plunging action you
    should have decent enough frothed milk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I made some by melting some white cooking chocolate with milk, then adding a shot of expresso, it was fairly sweet, thick and sugary though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

I made some by melting some white cooking chocolate with milk, then adding a shot of expresso, it was fairly sweet, thick and sugary though.

thanks might try that.

u try it any other way since?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Nah, haven't bothered to make one since, but looking at the this thread may get me going again. Did you do it? How did it work out?

Advertisement