Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did new shopping centre open in Athlone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

went over to "athlone town centre" on saturday...its alright nothing to write home about but it was good for a look. I didn't purchase much, but my sister went mental in river island! I think ill be going back to goldenisland fairly shortly...rather then there! parked in the texas multistorey its was soo handy though, 5er for 5 hours or thereabouts which was grand and you weren't really in the town centre.

Me thinks my next shopping trip will be to Whitewater in Newbridge...Just because of New Look!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

tubos wrote: »
    ..when the motorway opens fully. For now there is still the little problem of Moate!!

Only ever went up there early on a Saturday morning so breezed through Moate
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 giveersumwelly

ahh yes everyone's gotta love liffey valley. It's great with lots of good big shops.

I just wish It was a liffey valley that went into the town centre oh sorry thats what they make it out to be.

I go to liffey valley at least once a month for shopping.its so handy to get to.

Surely all the locals know the routes around the traffic in moate...I really do have to laugh at the d reg sitting in the q of traffic into moate f***** sooo funny. :D:D:D:D:D:D

"Originally Posted by tubos
    ..when the motorway opens fully. For now there is still the little problem of Moate!!"

I agree if you hit Moate early in the morning there is no problem with traffic, although bout 2 weeks ago round 2pm on a saturday afternoon, i was coming back from athlone heading towards horseleap.....the traffic was back up past the filling station out near the well!!!

All i have to say is thank god i wasn't heading towards athlone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

offaly1 wrote: »
    Me thinks my next shopping trip will be to Whitewater in Newbridge...Just because of New Look!!! :p

They're about to open in Mullingar opposite Pennys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Young kids might want a McDonalds. Where as the older ones might want a nice restaurant with some decent food while taking a break from shopping. There is nothing of the sort in the new town centre.

Good point, but there never is anything like that in "malls".

Better off hitting the streets in any city or town to get good local food. Malls are like airports when it comes to food. Only the big chains can afford to get in there.

Occidental wrote: »
    They're about to open in Mullingar opposite Pennys

Ok Mullingar could be the next destination so! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

Surely all the locals know the routes around the traffic in moate...I really do have to laugh at the d reg sitting in the q of traffic into moate f***** sooo funny. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, back roads are great, I use them quite often myself. Come out in moate town, look right and have a little giggle at the hoards of cars backed up, but if everyone knew the backroads they would be blocked too. shhh, it's a secret. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

eoinhealy wrote: »
    Yes, back roads are great, I use them quite often myself. Come out in moate town, look right and have a little giggle at the hoards of cars backed up, but if everyone knew the backroads they would be blocked too. shhh, it's a secret. :rolleyes:

they're already getting blocked, believe me, and i know all the backroads in and out of moate (god be with my teenage years!) besides if you want to get to the centre of moate from athlone, and you hit a tailback at the farnagh turn and decide to thake the back road, you really wont save that much time...you may get ahead of 5 or 6 cars. you just think you're doing well because you're actually
    moving

Can anyone tell me the directions around Moat via the backroads? I presume, just like the Dublin city thread, directions are given out by kind people...

• Advertisement

is there a back road up by the business college in moate...will that bring you into athlone via mount temple baylin?

as for skipping all the long delays, if im honest, when i am coming from athlone to tullamore i usually go home via ballinahown, doon, boher, ballycumber.... its a really bad back road, but all the same you are not stuck in moate for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

athlone to tullamore i usually go home via ballinahown, doon, boher, ballycumber.... its a really bad back road, but all the same you are not stuck in moate for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Oh right... thanks for that, might try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

is there a back road up by the business college in moate...will that bring you into athlone via mount temple baylin?

yes
    as for skipping all the long delays, if im honest, when i am coming from athlone to tullamore i usually go home via ballinahown, doon, boher, ballycumber.... its a really bad back road, but all the same you are not stuck in moate for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

thats really the scenic route! i'd rather sit in the traffic! why dont you just go doon/ferbane/ballycumber/tullamore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

Looks like this thread will have to be moved to a new area of boards, like a traffic section or something, but i'm dead sure this was about a shopping centre that was only good for Bird (Girl) watching...

:D;)

yes

thats really the scenic route! i'd rather sit in the traffic! why dont you just go doon/ferbane/ballycumber/tullamore?

Its bout 5-6miles shorter if you go that way.......

Advertisement