Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nba

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Thanks for that Phil, real interesting reading...

Big fan of JKidd and Nash for definite - love how they play...

Never cared much for Duncan, I always felt he had no personality (I think being bland is a prerequisite when you play for San Antonio, hence the Worm never fit in there!) even though he has serious game...

Also like what I see of Nowitzski so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭phil

Of course Wade and the Heat won a championship in 2006, not 2007. D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Another loss for Celtics last night, I don't think they can hold out for 70 tbh. :rolleyes:

Garnett's old team ain't doing great either, think they've the worst record in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

hey whip it that post with all them players really brings back memories i was a sonics fan(still am,man they r **** the last few years) loved payton and kemp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

yabadabado wrote: »
    hey whip it that post with all them players really brings back memories i was a sonics fan(still am,man they r **** the last few years) loved payton and kemp

Yeah they were real Showtime. The Glove, Payton, was a trash-talkin badass but he could flat out ball.

In an earlier post, I mentioned a book I read called the Jordan Rules (again, if you haven't read it - buy it today) and there's a great little story about Payton's early years in the L.

It was the Glove's rookie year, 1990-91, the year the Bulls won their first title. The Sonics had beaten the Bulls kinda convincingly in a pre-season exhibition game. Payton had played well, kinda bothered Jordan - who was largely disinterested at that time of year, in general - a bit... So Payton starts talking, starts jawing at MJ and says something like:

"Hey Jordan. I've got my money, I've got my millions, I'm buying my Ferraris, I'm buying my Testarosas too..."

"No problem," MJ replies "... I get em for free..."

:D Nice... Later that year, in a reg-season game, Jordan torches the Sonics and Payton in particular...

I can't believe it's so long since I followed the NBA so closely - hard to believe the likes of Richmond, Payton, Kemp etc were so long ago...

Edit: One player I missed from my little list is an old favourite - Clyde the Glide Drexler... Picked before Jordan in the 84 (?) draft too... He was like a 90% Jordan, same game... Carried Portland for many years, reaching a finals in 92 (Bulls win, second of three titles) and eventually got the ring he deserved with the Rockets and Olajuwon in 1995 (if memory serves me correct).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

if skysports were showing NBA this season, it would be Spurs vs Celtics tonight!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 checkit043

anybody know where i could the heat and celtics this sat 9th june in a dublin pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Interesting to read back on this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

checkit043 wrote: »
    anybody know where i could the heat and celtics this sat 9th june in a dublin pub?

I said this before on another thread, Irish licensing laws and NBA scheduling times are pretty much incompatible most of the time. That said, I sat down to watch BOS-MIA last night after i got home roaring drunk after a night out.

Advertisement