Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official-You may continue to drive without qualified driver in Ireland

Options
  • 28-10-2007 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

The heading says all: roar, roar and roar and you will succeed in the end.....

Trim minister Dempsey due on radio and tv to announce that plan to force ALL learner drivers to be accompanied by qualified driver has been abandoned......now let's get back to important and relevant matters such as forcing relevant Ministers Linehan and Ahern and the Bertie gentleman to grant us freedom of movement within our European Union........
    It is taking time to produce a text to convince the public that this will not be/is not a u-turn....
    The civil servants/advisers are none too happy as their bank holiday week-end has been disrupted.
    Spare a sympathetic thought for them, do!

Bertie, back in his Drumcondra office after Mass is on the phone to M. Dempsey as I write.....telling him what to say..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hurrah. Now I dont care if I don't pass my test in 2 weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Whats the source for this news?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,738 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Confirmed on Newstalk.. Minister expected to announce deferral.

Good stuff! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL Dempsey has to go now, thats so funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,738 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

[conspiracy] Nah.. mission accomplished. The government knew there'd be massive public outcry as a result of this, but it allowed them to get their raises in at the same time and have THAT story reduced to page 2 in the same day.

Now that they've gotten what they wanted, they can come out and say they listened to the people [/conspiracy]

Well I think it was basically a distraction away from the pay increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ffs when i thought this gov. were trying to do the right thing they u-turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Minister for Transport has just announced that he is postponing the requirement for the 122,000 2nd provisional licence holders from the requirement to be accompanied until 30th June next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 astro51

Their original plan was the biggest pile of ****e i have ever heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

news source guys,

Someone is saying ALL provisionals, while another is saying 2nd provisionals...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

zabbo wrote: »
    news source guys,

Someone is saying ALL provisionals, while another is saying 2nd provisionals...

I SERIOUSLY doubt they're going to backtrack 40-odd years and remove the accompaniment requirement from 1st/3rd+ provisionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement