Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trick in the pub the other night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

copacetic wrote: »

I am putting a tenner on that you can not drink your pint in one.

If you can, I win.

But if you're putting the tenner on him not being able to drink his pint in one, then if he can, you'll lose?

Or maybe you just argue until he gets really confused and gives up the tenner? 'cos I feel like paying you now :P

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sofaspud wrote: »
    But if you're putting the tenner on him not being able to drink his pint in one, then if he can, you'll lose?

Or maybe you just argue until he gets really confused and gives up the tenner? 'cos I feel like paying you now :P

surely if I put a tenner on him not being able to drink his pint in one then I win if he isn't able to drink his pint in one?

It is a bit of a heads I win, tails you lose thing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I win if he isn't able to drink his pint in one?

Exactly, but he does drink it in one, therefore you loose, QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

kraggy wrote: »
    Ok.

The other night, while in the pub, one of the lads played a trick.

He laid out up to 9 glasses at a time and got one of us to touch one while he wasn't looking. then he'd turn around and hover his hand over each one and then correctly pick the one that had been touched. we all did it and he got it right each time.

he even went into the toilet at one stage and more than one of us touched a glass each and he came back and rightly said that more than one had been touched and that more than one person touched one. and again, correctly named the right glass.

he initially claimed that he could read the reaction of peoples faces as his hand hovered over the glasses and guess from that. but then we closed our eyes, thus not give away anything but he still got it right.

so, anyone see this one before?

I used to make a fortune off this one, with 9 coins laid out. The 9 coins or glasses are laid out in 3 rows of 3 so they form a square. The person doing the trick just needs someone close enough watching (within 10 feet or so).

After the coin is touched, the watcher takes a drink from his pint and puts his pint glass back on the beer mat. If it was the coin in to bottm left corner that was touched the pint is placed on the bottom right corner of the beer mat, if it was the middle coin, the pint is put on the middle of the beer mat etc... The person doing the trick pretends to feel the heat from the coins and spends a couple of minutes before picking the right one!

Oh yeah if the person touching a coin doesn't touch any coin to try to trick you the pint is put down on the table beside the beer mat.

If you play for money it helps to lose a few smaller bets for say a fiver before increasing the bets to €10 or €20 a go!!! Just quit when you're up €50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Golden rule is never, ever, bet someone in a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

no, that is the normal usage, of 'I bet you can't' but in english it does't mean what the normal usage says.

I am putting a tenner on that you can not drink your pint in one.

If you can, I win.

Err...think you may have got this one wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think so too, I think copacetic should say:

"You should bet me a tenner that you can't drink your pint in one go" That would make sense.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

:o ok i'm trying to work out what the wording is, it works though. honest.
    maybe when I sober up it'll come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Betting in bars- or at parties, or anywhere when drink has been taken- is very silly. Oh yes, it makes bad things happen.

Betting in bars- or at parties, or anywhere when drink has been taken- is very silly. Oh yes, it makes bad things happen.

It also leads to silly bets, like the optic race - one drink from each optic, first to the other end of the bar is the winner! :HIC:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Write this on a beermat
    Paris in the the spring
    Ask the person to read it to you....they NEVER spot the second "THE".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Your mate is a genius and has special powers... :)

ALL HAIL YOUR MATE ! ;)

I have done this one but I thought it was old hat at this stage, all you need is a friend at the bar.. when you hover over the right glass, your friend gives you a signal, example, moves his hand lifts his pint, anything except "shout out that the one "

Degsy wrote: »
    Write this on a beermat
    Paris in the the spring
    Ask the person to read it to you....they NEVER spot the second "THE".

Unless they stammer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

philcsl wrote: »
    I used to make a fortune off this one, with 9 coins laid out.

If you play for money it helps to lose a few smaller bets for say a fiver before increasing the bets to €10 or €20 a go!!! Just quit when you're up €50!!

Where's the fun in scamming people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

I think i can see where copacetic is coming from on this one. It's all about the emphasis on words. It's a tough one to get the head around and i can see how it could start a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Guy 1: I bet you I can drink five glasses of water before you can drink a shot of whiskey!
    Guy 2: Yeah right!
    Guy 1: The only thing is, you are NOT allowed to touch my glasses in any way, And I can drink one first to warm up!
    Guy 2: Sure(hahahaha)
    Guy 1: <Drinks one glass>, ok ready?
    Guy 2: yep!
    Guy 1: <puts empty glass over shot glass>, GO!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Giblet wrote: »
    Guy 1: I bet you I can drink five glasses of water before you can drink a shot of whiskey!
    Guy 1: The only thing is, you are NOT allowed to touch my glasses in any way, And I can drink one first to warm up!

:rofl:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah I heard that one before. I've been tempted to use it some night but I'll probably be too hammered and muck it up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

when in a round with the guys - wait till the really tight one has gone to the bathroom. get his full pint, put an empty packet of crisps on top of it so that its airtight. now put the pint upside down on the table (really fast) and pull out the crisp wrapper. hilarious when the guiness settles upside down now in the glass.
    My mate came back from the bathroom,and nearly cried - little did we know he dint have any more change for another pint - LOL

or

get someone to make a gun with their two hands together, placing their fingers on the table. now place their full pint on their fingers that are flat on the table - now, put on your jacket and leave the table . . . unless he's got a massive mouth, he wont be moving that glass too easy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

semibluff wrote: »
    when in a round with the guys - wait till the really tight one has gone to the bathroom. get his full point, put an empty packet of crisps on top of it so that its airtight. now put the pint upside down on the table (really fast) and pull out the crisp wrapper. hilarious when the guiness settles upside down now in the glass.
    My mate came back from the bathroom,and nearly cried - little did we know he dint have any more change for another pint - LOL

or

get someone to make a gun with their two hands together, placing their fingers on the table. now place their full pint on their fingers that are flat on the table - now, put on your jacket and leave the table . . . unless he's got a massive mouth, he wont be moving that glass too easy!!

Yeah but what's the "point":D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The Real Hustle

Proposition Bets - how to scam a free drink of your mates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Yeah but what's the "point":D

i just came from a gaelic game, and the pub!

well pinted out though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

semibluff wrote: »
    i just came from a gaelic game, and the pub!

well pinted out though! ;)

No swat!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I like to show people my elephant in the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭in_da_club

:D

Advertisement