Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REQUEST: Suggestions for a FAQ Sticky

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

The first post in the Broadband availblility. what and where thread is 5 years old.

They change so often it might not be worth detailing each isps offering but maybe a run through Eircom, resellers, cable, fixed wireless, wireless, satellite etc and where their available might help and also pointing to their respective web sites where one will find more on availability and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

How about a guide to bittorrents for the non-techie people who have BB and have no idea how to use torrents!?

How to actually set them up on PC, how to configure routers etc etc

A beginners guide basically....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Broadband availblility. what and where thread is not part of the FAQ/Charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

New Boardsie : Is Humour Allowed on the broadband thread

Moderator: No , any humour will result in a offical Warning.

I sure as hell didnt no it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nuxxx wrote: »
    New Boardsie : Is Humour Allowed on the broadband thread

Moderator: No , any humour will result in a offical Warning.

I sure as hell didnt no it.

nuxxx,
    If you have an issue with any mod this isn't the place to air it..either take it to feedback or helpdesk
    You were given an infraction for acting the maggot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cabaal wrote: »
    nuxxx,
    If you have an issue with any mod this isn't the place to air it..either take it to feedback or helpdesk
    You were given an infraction for acting the maggot

Ye right i was told not to make jokes in a thread or have banter with people from my area/ close to my area.

Dont care tbh , just some people like to act all power freaky, not saying your one of them , case closed.

added basic FAQ entry for bittorrent config and use - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56603797&postcount=10

Well not much of a big change but a change none the less.

Just changed the discription for the Midband forum, should better help people understand what the forum is for going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Might be worth mentioning that broadband.gov.ie is pretty out of date for some areas on that FAQ.

For instance in my area digiweb metro (fixed wireless) isn't listed as being available yet I'm using it.

I've added a secion for the new Talk To sub-forums in the charter post
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54228561&postcount=1

• Advertisement
Advertisement