Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will 3000 euro get me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 drewmcm

i was gonna go with that tv but then the samsung 46M87 came along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

doesnt happen anymore.

burn out or burn in?? by burn out i assume you mean lifetime. lcd is longer but only slightly. like 18 years for LCD (average) and 15 for plasma (again, average)

burn in, only happens in extreme cases. as i said, i use my plasma for gaming and never have any issues.

dont know to be honest. im gonna connect ps3, sky hd & panasonic home theatre system using hdmi, then use the composite connection for xbox 360. if this is a bad set up please let me know.
    cheers, drew.

ok big moe give me your recomendation buddy.

well, ideally 3 HDMI would be the best for that stuff, yes.

but with 2 HDMI, i would use HDMI with PS3 & Sky HD. then SCART with home cinema. its a dvd home cinema yeah?? i would recommend using the PS3 as your main dvd player and just connecting the audio from it to the home cinema.

i have always used Panasonic. reliability is excellent and the only thing i've seen which i've seen is better is the Pioneer. but its over 5k for a 1080p Pioneer! i work with TVs so i see them every day and i would give the nod to the Pioneer PDP-LX508, but at 5K it too expensive. any of the panasonics are excellent as well, and the price is realistic as well!

• Advertisement

http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=SC-PT850EB-K&subid=198

this is the home theatre i have. i wanted the extra hdmi as this system has a 1080p upward conversion using that 3rd hdmi

my current home theatre is a panasonic about 3yrs old with 5 disc changer it has been more than reliable & thats the reason i went for the system on the did site.

yeah but the PS3 also upscales to 1080p.

the panasonic 850 is a nice system, so a third HDMI would be handy, but the upscaling side of it can be done by the PS3

aye but my birds make up powder (bitch) has almost destroyed my older panasonic.
    i just thought i might as well use the new one in the best possible way for sound picture etc.
    does the ps3 upscale dvd images like the panasonis?

yeha, its a very good upscaler in the PS3. there is a system update that improves it if you install that.

sounds ok.
    so what tv then moe?

• Advertisement

the dvd system has some kind of viera intuitive connection. whatever the hell that means.

r u still there my man?

whats the story with the pioneer kuros?

viera link. means the TV remote can control the cinema system if its connected with HDMI.

on the TV, i'd recommend the TH-50PY70 for your budget. it only has the two HDMI, but for picture quality it wont be beaten at the price

drewmcm wrote: »
    whats the story with the pioneer kuros?

absolutely excellent. but they're near enough 5 grand for a 50 1080p

OUCH! anything else? i was gonna go for the samsumg 46m87, what do you think?

can you post a site selling this please?

I think for the price difference between a panasonic and a samsung the panasonic is more worth it.

www.allianceelectric.ie sell panasonic and pioneer.

http://www.allianceelectric.ie/products/tv/plasmalcd/th50py70.htm
    looks good but not so sure about the 2 hdmi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nice set, but not 1080p (presuming you want 1080p)

i was looking at the PDP-428XD today actually. hooked up to a denon 3930 http://www.allianceelectric.ie/products/dvd/dvdplayer/dvd3930.htm

played Lord of the rings on it (NOT my choice!!) excellent picture. colours were spot on. it looked better than the panasonic PY70 for colour and general definition. but when watching a blu ray on them both there was more detail on the panasonic (cos its 1080p) but the colours still looked better on the pioneer.

moe

yeah sorry about that. its definately 1080p that i need with 3 hdmi.

both looking good my man.

Advertisement