Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series Thread

Options
  • 24-10-2007 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Well, its that time again. Can't see Colorado being able to do it, but ya never know, they've been on an amazing run.
    I'll go for 4-2 Boston.
    $4000 for a seat beside Pesky's Pole for tonights game on stubhub.
    Bargain!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭crianp

Does anyone know where I can listen to or watch tonights game for free from Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

crianp wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can listen to or watch tonights game for free from Ireland?

No. All MLB games are tightly controlled by the brass. For example on the web WEEI radio goes off air(to Fox SPorts Radio) during home games because outside of the Boston area is controlled by MLB which is why they can charge $15 to listen to the radio. NASN isnt free obv........

zuutroy wrote: »
    Well, its that time again. Can't see Colorado being able to do it, but ya never know, they've been on an amazing run.
    I'll go for 4-2 Boston.
    $4000 for a seat beside Pesky's Pole for tonights game on stubhub.
    Bargain!
    Beat me to it.........:D Hope there's no rioting at Fenway :pGonna watch the worst movie ever in honour....Drew Barrymore's Fever Pitch. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

BigDragon wrote: »
    Beat me to it.........:D Hope there's no rioting at Fenway :pGonna watch the worst movie ever in honour....Drew Barrymore's Fever Pitch. :o

Never even heard of it....I always liked Rookie of the Year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

crianp wrote: »
    www.rojadirecta.com

that's where I watch it

• Advertisement

I'm sure it'll be on myp2p.eu aswell

I'm sure it'll be on myp2p.eu aswell

Yea, both sites essentially link to the same [streams anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Download tvAnts and choose fox5 and watch there, that is how I seen game 6 and 7 of the ALCS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Well great start for boston, 13-1 with practically everyone scoring. I expected the red sox to take the first two games comfortably anyway, and with Pedroia and Youkillis in such form its hard to see it any other way. The big question for me is whether boston will try accomodate big pappi in games 3 and 4. Can't see who they can leave out. Go Red Sox! (Since the Tigers didn't make it)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yep...but he is such a major part of the offence.....

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote: »
    Download tvAnts and choose fox5 and watch there, that is how I seen game 6 and 7 of the ALCS

Is that FOX5 a FOX affiliate from the US or is it from somewhere else.

I watch it on Start Sports from HK (on TVAnts) which has the MLB international commentary, which is fairly good anyway.

Fair play to the sox last night, only had to stay up a few innings to see all teh scoring.

I would still be worried about Shilling and Dice-K though, there is a lot to go in this series yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Its great to see the Red Sox come back into their early season form at the right time.
    I honestly thought the Yankees were going to pip them in the ALE.

Youkalis is in with a great shout of MVP now as well.

Washout wrote: »

Youkalis is in with a great shout of MVP now as well.

We're only one game in!

We're only one game in!
    Which is 25% of the seies ;)

Great game but after last weekend and last night I am now feeling the effects of sleep depre..... depri...... Im knackered.

genrally also if a player bats .360 with 1HR and 4 or 5RBI will get the MVP.

The form Youkalis is in i can see that happening

Great game but after last weekend and last night I am now feeling the effects of sleep depre..... depri...... Im knackered.

hasnt your poker playing acustomed you to this :)

7pm ET Start when in GMT...ok
    8pm ET start when in GMT...dodgy
    8pm ET start when in CET....forget it!
    Condensed game whilst eating the cornflakes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

* grabs popcorn and beer * See you at the home plate people!! :D Enjoy the show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Is that FOX5 a FOX affiliate from the US or is it from somewhere else.

I watch it on Start Sports from HK (on TVAnts) which has the MLB international commentary, which is fairly good anyway.

Fair play to the sox last night, only had to stay up a few innings to see all teh scoring.

I would still be worried about Shilling and Dice-K though, there is a lot to go in this series yet.

It's the main Fox commentary as you would see if you lived in the states.

As an aside, it's interesting how many people from the poker forum are posting here

I was a baseballer long before I was a pokerer. This week has seen more posts on the baseball forum than the whole rest of the year!

I was a baseballer long before I was a pokerer. This week has seen more posts on the baseball forum than the whole rest of the year!
    Our sigs are working :D

• Advertisement

Washout wrote: »
    genrally also if a player bats .360 with 1HR and 4 or 5RBI will get the MVP.

The form Youkalis is in i can see that happening

hasnt your poker playing acustomed you to this :)

Haha. I very rarely play live with work the next morning and the online MTTS are over by 2-3am if Im running good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

did anyone else have any problems trying to watch this? i tried (and failed) for almost an hour last night to get either Tvants or sopcast working with no luck whatsoever, Tvants just stayed buffering and sopcast nothing loaded on, even after doing the whole vlc thing......any suggestions?:mad:

oh and GO SOX!!! spent the summer in NE and got to go to fenway twice - Amazing!!!

hopefully Schilling can do the business tonight so we can take a 2-0 lead to the mountains at the weekend!

Well great start for boston, 13-1 with practically everyone scoring. I expected the red sox to take the first two games comfortably anyway, and with Pedroia and Youkillis in such form its hard to see it any other way. The big question for me is whether boston will try accomodate big pappi in games 3 and 4. Can't see who they can leave out. Go Red Sox! (Since the Tigers didn't make it)
    Heah Reggie

Welcome to the Baseball forum. We promise not to mention either your financial situation or hair colour. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Thanks Dave, if the people on this forum found out how rich I was maybe my life would be in danger....
    Anyway, a great game again and boston just holding out due to some excellent pitching. An MVP performance from Okajima imo and Papelbon closing out brilliantly. Very good game on the whole anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

*yawn* My God that was worth it!!! 2 brilliant nights of baseball at Fenway.

Folks, do any of you watch it on NASN (Setanta Sports)???

As an aside, it's interesting how many people from the poker forum are posting here

for me i love statistics and seeing stats hold true...for the same reasons that i like cricket i also like baseball and american football because they are so statistics oriented sports.

in saying that I find the early part of regular season of baseball mundane and boring.generally september is the month where my interest kicks as teams begin to really fight for pennants and championships.

as you know Poker we try and play poker and try to make our best decisions based on statistics and history we have on players.

shapez wrote: »

i generally have NASN going in my room at night at this time of year after the missus keels over.

college football...college basketball and the end of the mlb season :)

It's the main Fox commentary as you would see if you lived in the states.

If Im playing I watch it on TvAnts......keeps me from tilting too much.
    shapez wrote: »

Yean when Im in bed. One advantage of having a long distance relationship :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Last inning i remember was the third.....fell asleep:o

• Advertisement

How good was Okie.....fantastic and Paplebon was his usual messer in the bullpen and 100% concentration on the mound.

Thought the Rockies made a huge mistake taking the best pitcher the Sox have faced in the post season off after only 90 pitches.

Be interesting to see if Big Papi's knee is able to cope with 1st base or if Tito lets him sit it out and goes with Youk.

Advertisement