Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispatches, C4 last night

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

I can understand this is a very heated debate, and some people see that the creation of life is when the egg is fertilised but unfortunately it isn't as simple as that, when faced with an unplanned pregnancy, there are more things to consider than the fact a child could be born in 9 months, alot of people who are pro life, don't seem to realise this. I'm not here to argue, but simply saying abortion is murder and should never be carried out is not a very open minded view and can cause extra stress on the people who are already faced with something that is very hard to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

ntlbell wrote: »
    Well if their not old enough to discuss it with their parents.

maybe they're not at the age were they should be having sexual intercourse then?
    If they are considering having sex without the propper contraception just cause they can't get to it at the time of course they're not old enough to have sex. Doesn't stop them doing it and there's nothing parents can do to stop it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Well if their not old enough to discuss it with their parents.

maybe they're not at the age were they should be having sexual intercourse then?

They can be put in a box in the bathroom or whatever, beside the hankies not having a **** tonight? grab a johnny!

easy..

Pull your head out of the sand will you! We basically have your favoured policy as government policy yet it hasn't prevented us having one of the highest rates of teenage pregnancy in Europe! Go figure, and I thought your wonder scheme would be the cure to all ills. Guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    If they are considering having sex without the propper contraception just cause they can't get to it at the time of course they're not old enough to have sex. Doesn't stop them doing it and there's nothing parents can do to stop it either.

so how does having the state pay for it change this?

Because contraception would be always and easily available.

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote: »
    Pull your head out of the sand will you! We basically have your favoured policy as government policy yet it hasn't prevented us having one of the highest rates of teenage pregnancy in Europe! Go figure, and I thought your wonder scheme would be the cure to all ills. Guess not.

no sir.

the way it is now you make a mistake the government bail you out.

give you a nice wage, a nice apartment.

yes

no
    Thanks, so may I presume you are also against use of the 'morning after' pill?

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Because contraception would be always and easily available.

you can give the aids alliance a call they'll send you out all the condoms you want for free

the problem they have is no one bothers asking them...:rolleyes:

no sir.

the way it is now you make a mistake the government bail you out.

give you a nice wage, a nice apartment.
    As they do in countries with almost non-existant rates of teenage unplanned pregnancy (Germany/Netherlands/Nordic countries etc).

So what's the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

alcohol is the big offender here, less alcohol less unplanned pregnancies

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote: »
    As they do in countries with almost non-existant rates of teenage unplanned pregnancy (Germany/Netherlands/Nordic countries etc).

So what's the difference?

your saying the way i suggest it is the way it is here now.

it's not.

MooseJam wrote: »
    alcohol is the big offender here, less alcohol less unplanned pregnancies

alcohol,drugs,lack of education, parents not being responsible and talking to their kids properly, discussing the effects of it.

give them all condoms for free and it'll be grand shur.

For the second time, no one is saying that.

alcohol,drugs,lack of education, parents not being responsible and talking to their kids properly, discussing the effects of it.

Nobody said that, but you go right ahead and simplify it for yourself if you need to ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

killing a foetus is exactly the same as killing a six month old child. and until we agree on that point, there is no point continuing the debate on abortion.

I disagree.
    Killing an infant and ending a 20 week pregnancy are different to me there for
    I am not shrugging of the death of a child.

I will admit that fetus are proto humans and that it is sad that any woman find herself in the position that she is in a crisies pregnancy to begin with and then has to seek a termination.

i doubt that Thaedydal would post "/me shrugs" at the death of a baby but i see it as exactly the same thing and have lost a lot of respect for her after that comment

I wasn't shrugging off the death of a baby I was shrugging off the hateful comments that have been levelled at me personal by spuc, christian union, the natural law party and many other rabid anit abortionist over the last 14 years that I have been an active prochoice and contraception advocate.

Hate is not a christian value.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

yes, yes they are. killing a foetus is exactly the same as killing a six month old child. and until we agree on that point, there is no point continuing the debate on abortion. i doubt that Thaedydal would post "/me shrugs" at the death of a baby but i see it as exactly the same thing and have lost a lot of respect for her after that comment

Until you admit that the above is your opinion and not a fact, someone debating with you, is indeed, pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Thaedydal wrote: »

I wasn't shrugging off the death of a baby I was shrugging off the hateful comments that have been levelled at me personal by spuc, christian union, the natural law party and many other rabid anit abortionist over the last 14 years that I have been an active prochoice and contraception advocate.

Hate is not a christian value.

I'd consider calling someone rabid to be hateful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would consider anyone who foams at the mouth and spits at me rabid and those that stalked me to my home and posted hate mail to me rabid, so I am talking from personal experience.

rab·id
    –adjective
    1. irrationally extreme in opinion or practice: a rabid isolationist; a rabid baseball fan.
    2. furious or raging; violently intense: a rabid hunger.
    3. affected with or pertaining to rabies; mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hands up anyone who celebrates whenever a child is aborted.

Anyone?

Didn't think so.

Hands up anyone who celebrates their conception every year.

Nobody?

Fair enough.
    Take it to humanitites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement