Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen's University

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

leavo08 wrote: »
    I have been accepted for law at queens providing I get 490...is it english law I will be studying or Irish?! and if I want to work in the Republic will I have to do an extra course afterwards?
    I still dont know if I should just do a law related course closer to home,but I wont get the points for law in Dublin and I know queens has a really good rep...ideas??! I would really appreciate any replies!

its English Law :( and its not 490 points its 500 - 520 points and FEE's to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Im a first year at Queen's university doing a masters in Mechanical Engineering. Only just found this here forum today ....
    I've only been on my course for a few months now and already I can definitly agree with the point that the courses (well certainly the engineering ones) are very theory orientated . While thats a bad thing for us making it through the course with a humungus workload of endless equations at the end of your time there it means you are going to come out with a far stronger degree , Queens isnt renowned for its engineering courses for nothing. And if money is your game then who do you think is going to earn more for less in the engineering process , they guy doing the theoretical design or the guy doing the hands on work ?

i done this course, loved it. loads of work, i left after the BEng though graduated in 06. i dont agree with the staff turn over thing, the guys who taught me have been there for years and are still there now.

regarding the comment above about money, where your degree is from (or your final grade) dosnt matter after your first years experience ime.

bot all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 C.K.

Hi i'm a new poster so dunno if i'm doing this right!!
    Jst lookin for a bit of advise!I got a provisional offer of a place for Masters in Env Planning in Queens pending me getting a 2.1 in my final exams.
    Jst got results there now and I got a 2.2 (high 2.2 of 58.7), wondering if there's any point in sending up results, how strict of a cut off is it r is there any room for negotiation?? any one in a similar situation?thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

defo go for it, i went up after my diploma for my BEng. they said i needed an A in maths (with 60%+ average overall) and only got a B in maths. they took me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

C.K. wrote: »
    Hi i'm a new poster so dunno if i'm doing this right!!
    Jst lookin for a bit of advise!I got a provisional offer of a place for Masters in Env Planning in Queens pending me getting a 2.1 in my final exams.
    Jst got results there now and I got a 2.2 (high 2.2 of 58.7), wondering if there's any point in sending up results, how strict of a cut off is it r is there any room for negotiation?? any one in a similar situation?thanks!

Contact admissions asap (you never know how undersubscribed your course might be... :D) and it might also be worth shooting off an email to Dr. Murtagh asking about it (brownie points!). You don't ask you don't get right?

Good luck, maybe I'll see you in September!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

really just asking this out of curiosity, in a conditional offer in ucas, do they now tell ya how much points ya need, always thought it was just grades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

regob wrote: »
    really just asking this out of curiosity, in a conditional offer in ucas, do they now tell ya how much points ya need, always thought it was just grades

only the grades... (wish it was points)

Advertisement