Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zig & zag - never mind the zogabongs

Options
  • 15-10-2007 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere i can get this album???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I used to have this on tape, and listened to it religiously. It'll be tough to get!

"My beeeee-ly button fluff collection" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have it on tape somewhere, and I also managed to get it on MP3. Can't remember where.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Also have it on tape. I think nearly everyone aged 20-25 does, really...

I think I've a second one too, can't remember what it was called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

while i dont condone piracy, if you really cant buy an album, there is always bittorrent:

<snip>

Otherwise maybe contact RTE and see if they could get you a copy? Or write to the podge and rodge show?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's been mentioned several times in the Retro forum I believe...

• Advertisement

syklops, I've removed your BT link for the moment. The album isn't available to buy, but I'd like clarification from the copyright holder (RTE I assume) before telling people how to get it for free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MYOB wrote: »
    Also have it on tape. I think nearly everyone aged 20-25 does, really...
    And older. It came out in 1991 so 20-year-olds are probably too young to have a copy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dudess wrote: »
    And older. It came out in 1991 so 20-year-olds are probably too young to have a copy.

Ahem.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

god i miss this album... im 23 and remember it... so guess im the right age.. if anyone gets a copy of this album, id love to know how as i miss this album :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

people.. someone mentioned a way to get it

the link was removed, but a little bit of searching would not go amiss

*pops on a tijuana gypsy told my personal stereo*

and don't bother pm'ing me asking for the link, I won't give it. If you can't use the internet by now, you don't get my sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Does anyone know anywhere i can get this album???

I'm sure Double Z enterprises still have an office in Rathmines. They were in a little side street just up from the old cinema on Rathmines Rd.
    Try e-mailing info@dze.ie. They will sort you out.

Duiske_Lad wrote: »
    I'm sure Double Z enterprises still have an office in Rathmines. They were in a little side street just up from the old cinema on Rathmines Rd.
    Try e-mailing info@dze.ie. They will sort you out.
    I've fired off a mail to them. Let's see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

MYOB wrote: »
    Ahem.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Ooh la la la loo, sacre bleu, ecoutez repetez le 1992..

ace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Mordeth wrote: »
    ...and don't bother pm'ing me asking for the link, I won't give it. If you can't use the internet by now, you don't get my sympathy...

Whoah!! Looks like you got served OP! Nerd served I'll grant you but served none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

I listened to the album in full after finding this thread. I hadn't listened to it in years. what an album with classic Dustin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

On CD right beside my Dustin Unplucked from now defunct s/h record shop in Camden St.
    and still supporting the AntiShouting At Cutlery Association.
    Think I might have the Nothing to do with Toast vid as well.
    Ah the good old days when they could still get fined for mentioning a blowjob on the Den

I used to have Zig & Zag's Chrsitmas rap. it was a single track on both sides of the tape and iirc I listened to it until the tape became useless :(

I really wish I could listen to it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I had that as well, it was fantastic!

"Ray why can't we do Ray's Rave? You said we could do Ray's Rave now!!!!!!"

The Bollox wrote: »
    I used to have Zig & Zag's Chrsitmas rap. it was a single track on both sides of the tape and iirc I listened to it until the tape became useless :(

I really wish I could listen to it again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

wil wrote: »
    Ah the good old days when they could still get fined for mentioning a blowjob on the Den
    I presume one would still be slapped with a fine if they mentioned "blowjob" on a children's programme...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Or having a Tijuana Gypsey stealing your personal stereo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Excellent news!! I got it!!! Im willing to burn cds for people to say thanks for helping me get it!! PM me if u want a copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

my sister has it in the attic on tape along with the single as well.
    Did you try ebay ireland ?

EDIT - See you got it, only read that now. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Dudess wrote: »
    I presume one would still be slapped with a fine if they mentioned "blowjob" on a children's programme...

Wouldnt surprise me, werent the Podge and Rodge puppets featured on the Toy Show and what do they say.

As for the Den, heres a few memorable moments.

The show goes out live, as was demonstrated all too well in 1990 when the adbreak ended early, with the shot coming back to Zig and Zag punting a Bosco puppet around and the puppeteers shouting "Bosco is a bollox". However, Ray D'Arcy claims this never happened. On another occasion, a particularly dim-witted child was doing a phone quiz and could not answer a question despite being directly told the answer after several hints. Zag finally shouted "Ah, for f$$k's sake!" On another occasion, an adbreak cut in when Ray was halfway through talking about an item. When the adbreak ended, he complained about how irritating commercial breaks can be, and that he wasn't told that break was coming.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Den_(television)

Dustin has come out with plenty even embarassing one female guest off the Den when he said she was down under under Rays desk sucking on something during the break.to which she turned beetroot and exited.

"Whats the sound a pig makes" to which dustin replied "can you step out of the car please" end result den taken off air for a week.

Does anyone remember the 3 minute slot the Zed Brothers had on RTE radio every morning - a story proven by the words of famous songs - eg - How Paul Simons girlfriend who after a night out on the beer went home, sat on the end of the bed hairbrush in hand and passed noxious bodily gasses - cue Graceland excerpt "As if I never noticed the way she brushed her hair and farted"

Z&Z best joke
    Zig - Did you hear Danial O'Donnell got a girl in trouble.
    Zag - No way.
    Zig - yes, he told her mother she smoked.

The original and the zest

Loads of good Z+Z moments on euchoob:D

So did anyone get a reply from their email. I dont think the Wynnfield Rd address is used, think theres a restaurant or something there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yujimbo

Hey check ebay for this cd, i got it about a month ago reasonably cheap and there is another one on the site just now!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

?? This thread is a year and a half old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

I rooted out my cassette copy of Never mind the Zogabongs :D It always makes me smile
    The dvd Best bits from Back Den has the videos for Xmas No 1. Tijuana Gypsy and ZigZaggin in the extras/features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just been watching some of the den on you tube and i had be in tears laughing at it.

Favourite bits were Dustin complaining about the rubbish RTE puts on. And when Zig went "You shouldnt be whistling at girls, Dustin" and Duston goes "Why not?" and Zig goes, "Because its sexist".

I dont know what it is about that statement but I nearly wet myself.

Emma Ledden was hot. What ever happened to her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

If I remember correctly Ms Ledden went over to the UK to work for MTV for a while but not sure what happened to her after that.

Advertisement