Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Honda Accord CTDI stereo aux-in?

Options
  • 14-10-2007 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All

Has anyone managed to get an aux-in onto an accord stero . It has the 6 CD in dash system but its got so many bolts holding it into the dash, it looks like a huge job to get at it.

questions:
    Does it support an aux -in?
    Anyone that can add one to it?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

You're probably sorted by now but I got one of these yokes of Ebay about 2 yrs ago for my 2005 Accord Exec. The seller I bought from doesn't seem to be trading anymore but just search Ebay for accord ipod and there a few people doing them. Works great and can change playlists/tracks on Ipod via steering wheel controls - also has Aux in. Easy enough to fit - didn't have to take out whole stereo - just google it/I think there's a video on Youtube somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

How did you not have to take out radio?
    Im assuming you have something like this?

You need to take out radio/whole centre dash to get at plugs which are on back of radio
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MP3-Car-player-for-HONDA-Accord-Civic-FRV-Fit-City_W0QQitemZ260243357650QQihZ016QQcategoryZ28644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I had to reef out whole centre dash when I was installing a Bluetooth car kit.

That's very like the one I have got the ipod version and very pleased with it. I also have an accord service manual cd I got of Ebay - I might post a diagram from it if I get a chance later. As far as I remember I removed the trim around the gearstick, the ashtray and the bit of coloured trim under the head unit - the centre clip on this panel was a bitch to release (blue marble effect in my accord) and was then able to access the back of the radio. I may also have removed one of the side panels to the left of the accelerator.

Here's a thread I did at the time

http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm (quiet a good link,with plenty of pictures)
    Also saw the youtube video, which was fine until it came to the centre pocket, the version of the accord in the video and the above link just has one big pocket, I had two in my accord and as you say it was a bi*"h to get out, I thought I was going to break the trim, what evil person came up with that??

I had to remove the radio as I was installing a car kit and the mute cable plugs directly into the radio.
    Taking out the air vents panel was a pain, I had to goto Honda garage, and in fairness a mechanic came out with some plastic tools and poped the air vent panel for me, and didnt charge me. He was very nice in fairness to him :)

billbond4 wrote: »
    Taking out the air vents panel was a pain, I had to goto Honda garage, and in fairness a mechanic came out with some plastic tools and poped the air vent panel for me, and didnt charge me. He was very nice in fairness to him :)
    Which garage was it?

• Advertisement

Honda Tralee

Advertisement