Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing your mobile phone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

I love getting to lock my little plastic ball and chain in the reception safe when I go on holidays, even if its just for a few weeks - bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I never lost a phone yet but have put the most important numbers on Vodafone webtexts, just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd just tell meteor then buy a better one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Have lost two phones in my life, have all numbers backed up to my phonebook on mymeteor which is handy.

Wouldn't bother me that much losing one just be a bit pissed off that I'd have to spend money on a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

My Dad's phone still shows Eircell on the screen.
    Now that's classy! The sim card is that old.
    After thinking that was funny I just checked mine. Mine still says Eircell, woo hoo. Years ago i wrote all my numbers down, must update that. I wouldnt like to lose some of the pics etc on my phone. I also wouldnt like someone having access to all my numbers etc for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Mine got pickpocketed a year ago. I'd started backing up all the numbers a few weeks earlier but only got to L :(

Cancelled it when I realised it was gone, got a new number with same sim. Weird thing was, got a fairly aggressive call a couple of days later from some guy who said I'd been ringing and hassling his sister (or girlfriend?). Rang back a few times before I got really p*ssed off at him and eventually he stopped. Don't know if it was just a wrong number and a coincidence since there were no unexplained calls showing up on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I lost my phone once.

It's an amazing sense of freedom if you just don't let yourself get too p1ssed off over it, as no one can contact you.

With regards to numbers, I've got my close friends whom I speak to often, so there would be no problem aquiring their numbers. If others are meant to be my 'friends' but don't contact me, then they probably weren't and thus good riddance to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

In 10 years I've gone through roughly @14 - 18 phones, not sure of the exact number... I have lost count. Not once have I ever backed up my info, and each time I lose my phone and get a new one I think 'Noooo.....! Cursed empty phonebook...!' But I never do write them down.. It helps that I do have about 20 - 25 numbers in my head so I'm not too bad off from the start.

The worst is when I get a text from someone who I'd only hear from once or twice a year either just saying hello or with an invite or something to whatever and I always have to explain that I've lost my phone and would they kindly tell me who they are... the replys are always very short as the last time they texted me, I had just lost my phone too..

I'm a bit cursed with phones. I don't throw them around willy nilly, I'm just unfortunate I think (and also a bit clumsy truth be told).. but I've lost phones in mud, portaloos, down the back of couches (was found 6 months later..), in a field, I've had them nicked, and sometimes they just vamoose...

I've always bought decent enough replacements, but I was devastasted after losing my last phone (that was in a field, I waded through foot long grass for about half an hour trying to find it..battery had gone dead too - typical!) which was very cool, so now I've got the bog standard Nokia, and this one will probably last me forever!

Advertisement