Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does Boards.ie represent the people of Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

one thing that's impressed me as mod of the LTI forum is the amount of people who post regularly on boards who are getting treated like crap by the medical system, are in fairly significant pain or at least discomfort, but are still pleasant, decent people who don't take the excuse to act like tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Humourous insomniacs obsessed with keyboard implemented virtual human interactions?;)
    HIOWKIVHI? Damn, I thought that was going to be an acronym for something filthy.

I think boards largely represents the IT workers and students of Ireland, so it's not a reflection of the country as a whole. Most people here are good sorts - there's loads of helpful, witty and entertaining characters on boards. There are a few tossers in need of killing here as well though, much like real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Dont forget that the scum community at large dont have computers, are too thick to use them, and dont care about anything except going to work, the pub, the bookies and the chipper. so their important views aren't represented here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Archeron

zuutroy wrote:
    Dont forget that the scum community at large dont have computers, are too thick to use them, and dont care about anything except going to work, the pub, the bookies and the chipper. so their important views aren't represented here.

I thought that too. An "I hate scumbags/scobies/tracksuits" thread never really comes up against any opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

dame wrote:
    No because not all the young people of Ireland are well-educated (though that can be by choice) and not all are fairly well-off. It is more likely to be the well-educated and fairly well-off young people who are more likely to become figures of influence in society, so maybe. I don't know, time for bed. :(

Id say maybe not.. As far as i can tell its only cretins and gombeen men who really have influence in ireland.. The only exception i have seen to this rule are the universities..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so people who go to work, the pub, the bookies and then the chipper are scum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Mordeth wrote:
    so people who go to work, the pub, the bookies and then the chipper are scum?

Yes, thats exactly what I meant.
    zuutroy wrote:

dont care about anything except

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If your life can be summed up in the below nerdly equation, then yes, you are scum.

/{work{pubbookies}*chipper}*/

I suck at regexp. That's probably wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Exit wrote:
    There aren't many foreign people, there aren't many 40+ people and so on.

But there is always one lol

43, english.

If not giving a direct comparison to the population as a whole, it does give useful insights into what a certain demographic think and feel and fret about.

Not to mention the the small proportion who have unreasonable bias on various things (which is encouraging).

Advertisement