Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transformers Movie Sequel - writer annouced..almost

• 04-10-2007 2:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

see article.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34307

This guy is hit and miss but mostly miss...
    :(

Comments

Well Michael Bay was also Hit and Miss , so really , im not sure what will happen. My hope was for them to introduce Rodimus in the second film and kill prime in the third .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Its hard to say what this will mean at this early stage. Meh, I'm not expecting Citizen Kane (Empire Strikes Back would be nice). So long as they take on board some of the most common complaints from the first film (more character development of the bots, less unnecessary screen time for the humans), they should be alright.
    My main concern is that they will think "well, we did so well last time out, lets just stick to what works".

Ger_Hankey wrote:
    Its hard to say what this will mean at this early stage. Meh, I'm not expecting Citizen Kane (Empire Strikes Back would be nice). So long as they take on board some of the most common complaints from the first film (more character development of the bots, less unnecessary screen time for the humans), they should be alright.
    My main concern is that they will think "well, we did so well last time out, lets just stick to what works".

But at the same time not to over do it either. Simon Furman also believes the Dinobots will be in this one, too early ? ? I thought they would hold them off for the 3rd movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Dinobots appeared fairly early on in all G1 continuities.

People hate the idea of them being in it for the same reason I love the idea of them being in it.

They'll make things interesting...

Had a talk with Simon about that.

Anyway, you can bet that plenty of people over at TFW2005/Seibertron, otherwise known as "Delusionist Central" and "Hater Hunters" are ecstatic since their emotions don't seem to ever much respond to the quality of external stimulus.

Rozie wrote:
    Anyway, you can bet that plenty of people over at TFW2005/Seibertron, otherwise known as "Delusionist Central" and "Hater Hunters" are ecstatic since their emotions don't seem to ever much respond to the quality of external stimulus.

I am completly lost with what you just said but if you were a Transformer you would be "Perceptor" as you sound like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I am completly lost with what you just said but if you were a Transformer you would be "Perceptor" as you sound like him.

LOL

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

In this case, if Kruger's a stand-in for the studio means he's a vessel for Steven Spielberg to have more influence on the movie maybe that'll be a good thing.

that could be a good thing IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

that could be a good thing IMO

hmmm, im gettin flashbacks to poltergeist. Remember tobe hooper? he mite as well have taken his name off that movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I can't help talking like that :( It's an Aspergers thing.

I am not sure , i dont eat Aspergers, tried it once , didnt like it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd like to see some version of the story from the original film (i.e. Hot-Rod turning into Rodimus, and Prime dying). As long as Hot-Rod is in it, i'll be happy.

Yeah i would like to see Hot-Rod also. But like the firs i am scared to see were its going to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

I doubt they would kill off prime, When they did that in the animated movie it caused complaints from parents because of trauma to the kiddies and can be partly blamed for the fall off in the popularity of the toys. Since then they have upgraded Optimus in an effort to get more of our money instead of replacing him. I don´t think Hasbro would be that daft twice.
    The upcoming writers and actors strikes are causing a lot of studios to fast track projects to get them done. That means even the bad screenwriters are getting work. Say what you want but Orci and Kurtzman did a better job on the first movie than most expected ( Anyone i know who saw it enjoyed it anyway). This new guy they are bringing in´s biggest movie was the brothers grimm, which not even the directors own mother saw.
    They need to bring in the dinobots and give the decepticons more screentime.
    I would actually like if they used the shockwave spotlight from IDW as an introduction to the movie. Have Shockwave on prehistoric earth looking for the allspark instead of energon, have the dino attack, get beaten and have the whole lot discovered in the present day. Hijinks ensue.

They wont kill of Prime because of Trauma to kids ? What about Jazz ! oh and errr Bambi's mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Leave Prime death till end of the trilogy and have Hot Rod introduced at the start of the third film.

As others have said, introduce a dinobot or two in the next film + more screentime for Decepticon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

To get back on topic, I can't honestly say I'm impressed with anything Ehren Kruger has written thus far. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

vote no to hot rod!! please!!!

well as the script for this wasnt ready before the writers strike, it looks like its delayed now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

could they really do a Hot Rod becomes Rodimus storyline seeing as they went with the allspark storyline as opposed to the matrix?

God i hope not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

you know if they do do the dinobots i hope they make em look a bit like the con's in robot mode. seeing as theyre basically just shy of the autobots dirty half dozen they should look a bit rougher than prime and co. it'd suit their characters to look a bit "evil".

i would definelty love to see the relationship between prime and grimlock explored . theyre basically the megs and starscream of the autobots :D

as great as it sounds constitutionus, given the depth of the relationship between starscream and megatron was just one line, i doubt any character development will be done at all! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

More screentime for the Decepticons would make my day in this next film!

Advertisement