Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage Backdrops

Options
  • 02-10-2007 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone have any idea where we can get a good size & quality backdrop done with our logo on it??:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

My bro knows someone out towards Howth/Sutton in Dublin who does them. I'll find out when I get home later and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

Thanks man. Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Hey guys,i wouldnt mind finding out too, if ye want to pass on the info.:) :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

count me in there please. was just tinking about it last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Damn, just asked. Apparently the guy doesn't do them anymore. Sorry I couldn't help. It seems everyone is looking for these.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Somebody recommended this site to me: www.flags.com, it's not cheap though...........

DerKaiser wrote:
    Somebody recommended this site to me: www.flags.com, it's not cheap though...........

i was on to this crowd a few months ago,based in america so price of the dollar makes it affordable,i asked them for a qoute and they got back to me the next day but they only do flags and never got back to me when i sent them my design for a 6x8 foot backdrop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

nothrashnocash@yahoo.co.uk here ya go guys give this guy an email,His name is Tom and he did a great backdrop for our bon jovi tribute and hes very reasonable aswell,below is one he did for his own band,

IMG_0071.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭pgasm

looks prety cool - do you know if he has a website i can check out?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cheers man. how much did yours cost

• Advertisement

he doesnt have a site unfortunatly, he does it a side project in his spare time give him a mail i cnat remember how much it was but it was very very reasonable i remember at the time

E mailed this guy so I will let you know of the outcome

puremule wrote:
    E mailed this guy so I will let you know of the outcome

Well????:D :)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

bed sheet + spray paint. did the job for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

Snap, its cheap and you get it the way you want it

Think we need to get it properly printed guys. Need something a bit more professional looking than a bed sheet and paint:cool:

puremule wrote:
    Think we need to get it properly printed guys. Need something a bit more professional looking than a bed sheet and paint:cool:

I agree.....we have a D.I.Y backdrop but we are looking for a more professional look now!!:)

Surely somebody knows someone???:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tomc.design

Hey, my email was given out in this thread ( nothrashnocash@yahoo.co.uk) and I replied to everyone that mailed me. Sorry for the wait but my band were over in Germany from Thursday to late Sunday night.

As mentioned, I do backdrops but also logos and artwork. I dont have my proper website up and running just yet but will soon, for now you can see some of my work at www.myspace.com/globalassassin . As you may notice, its quite heavy metal related but im very versatile and reasonably priced so if youre looking for backdrop,logo, cd/promotional artwork then let me know.

mail either tomc.design@gmail.com (preferred)
    or nothrashnocash@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

Tom:)

Got a company in Dublin to do our backdrop guys. Digitally printed so theres no chance of cracking or peeling etc. Their called Prospect Design 01 4753452 and the price is pretty good aswell. Their e mail is jenny@flagsireland.com:D:D:D:D:D

nice one..ill get on to them for a quote:D

• Advertisement

i got a great quote for a complex design...... about 200 yo yo's cheaper than flags.com...very impressed:D Here is the design if anyone is interested:

Anyone try this company yet????

Hey

If you or your band are interested in getting high quality backdrops or amp covers done with your logo or symbol, let me know.

Special rates for unsigned bands.

www.myspace.com/globalassassin

backdrops.gif

tomcbanner.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jor-El

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

What kind of prices have people been quoted from printers? I usually charge €150 for a 8x5 foot backdrop with a one colour logo. Usually white on black fabric.

I have to say Tom has done a backdop for one of my bands and its top quality stuff and a great guy to deal with aswell highly recommend him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Feargal73

Call 53 degrees design, 01 4292904, www.53degrees.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VOLT

Hey Guys,
    Once you get to the bottom of this you gotta let me know the details.
    Drox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

+1
    DIY is the way to go!!
    You'll have it the way you want it to and it'll be dirt cheap. And authentic!!

Advertisement