Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SACK eddie ; sign this

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I still feel Eddie has made the right decision continuing on.People are forgetting what he has done for Irish rugby and in a moment of fury asking for his resignation.Most of the blame lies with the players.Most of them just couldn't perform at this level.Part of the blame rests with the coach but no number of substitutions or different gameplans could have changed our fate.

A lot of people think having the best group of players ever available to an irish manager and yet presiding over abject failure on the biggest stage warrants his sacking.
    however, suppose the IRFU give him a year with the knowledge that if we don't win a Grand Slam within that time frame he's gone. He can't bang on about winning triple crowns any more. Securing a Grand Slam would demonstrate this team is progressing under his tenure and the World Cup was an aberration. Would you view it as acceptable to sack him if this object is not achieved?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,407 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm not going to argue on this thread with people who think he should stay, I find it hard to believe anyone in their right mind could think such a thing.

http://sportcrazy.net/rugby/why-eddie-must-go/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Andystoran

We havnt been successful over the last few years in my eyes. Triple crowns arnt really worth much when England Scotland andwales arnt performing and we still dont win the championship!
    We beat SA and Australia while they were touring and testing new players.
    Eddie picked our team a year before the world cup, it it any wonder we are stale now? Thats Eddies fault.

Where Eddie went wrong
    1.Eoin Reddan has been the form scrum half for the last year, he shouldv been playing through the 6 nations.
    2.Paddy Wallace needed game time and didnt get it.
    3.POC hasnt showed form for 2 years but still plays evert minute of every game.
    4.Eddie spoke about Murphy like some kind of lunatic who couldnt be trusted. He should hav had his faith in Murphy like a real coach would, but Eddie will always play it safe with GIRV.
    5. We have become too predictable now , all our Restarts and 22s are conservative and this is completely the managers doing.
    6.Eddie believed his own hype.
    7.Eddie is too stubborn to change and never will.

I think we should just give him one more year and see how he does.If we win the grandslam or narrowly miss out on it like last year(I believe this would still be acceptable,one bounce of the ball does not tell how bad a coach he is) he should stay.We could be making a big mistake sacking Eddie and bringing in a sub-standard coach.I still have faith in him for getting us as far as we are today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I.I still have faith in him for getting us as far as we are today.

How far is that ? out of the world cup before the quaters begin ?

Lucky victory against Georgia , appalling against namibia .... you are easily pleased if thats the case , given this is a golden generation of players in there prime .
    Rugby has moved on , the 6 nations is no big deal now, the world cup is what its about now, this from a team that quote Roy Keanes perfectionism , to measure up against the big guys.

I wouldn't think Geordan Murphy, bob Casey, Neil Best , David Humphrys, still have faith in him, i certainly don't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement