Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs. Argentina

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

argentina are notoriously fickle in soccer , lets hope that isnt the case with the rugby team , there now favourites going into the quater final against scotland so there is a greater degree of pressure on them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I always feared since the day of the HC semifinal in Lansdowne Road that Contepomi would get his own back on the Munster guys who targeted him for abuse and cheap shots that day, and that it would be when they were wearing green and he was wearing blue and white.

If you notice, all his mind games-blowing kisses, patting guys on the back and saying thank you for easy penalties, were to Munster players. I saw him do it to O'Connell and O'Gara. I believe Leamy is his real nemesis and I didn't see him saying too much to our number 8 but, hey, the guy's not a complete idiot.

I've also seen Contepomi quoted as saying he's close to many of the Leinster players, especially Gordon D'Arcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pumas fan 2

Thanks a lot. We also hope to be playing in a Seven Nations Tournament soon. It will help a lot to the development of our Rugby.

But we need the help of the Irish Union, as well as other European Unions, on behalf of the IRB approval.

Thanks again & best wishes to all.

Congratulations to Argentina and I will be supporting them in the final stages. You are a credit to rugby and I hope that we can see you playing in the Seven Nations soon!

When your No. 10 doesn't play well it doesn't matter what the rest do. BOD is a different class and Murphy played very well albeit without any kind of support.

Again, congratulations to Argentina! Viva ARgentina!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pumas fan 2

Thanks DeVore. And, of course, best luck with your bet.....

DeVore wrote:
    Hello to our Argie newbs :)

Be proud of your team, you have played great stuff so far! I think you will beat Scotland if you keep your heads.

Lets face facts though lads, all of this is interesting local colour before the real rugby players come along. SA, AB, OZ... everyone else is going to be a greasey spot on the pitch against them.

But for now, congrats Argentina, you thoroughly deserve it and you can certainly beat Scotland. I'll be betting a few pounds on it!

DeV.

Advertisement