Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to Shout for Now??

Options
  • 22-09-2007 11:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Ok lets be realistic, Ireland are out.

So that begs the question who to shout for now??

Well for me i'll be shouting for....Argentina, they have been the most entertaining, exciting, creative team in the WC so far.
    And i think it would be great for the game in a "world" perspective to have a team from south america go as far as possible.

I also hope they win the pool, as this will mean they will be up against scotland or italy in the QFs and they should take either of them.
    This will also mean France will be up against the All Blacks which should be a cracker!!

So c'mon the Pumas

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

so you'll be shouting for them against us on Sunday?

you must be nuts to think they have been exciting or creative, at all, never
    mind more than everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would like to see Fiji emerge from their group ahead of Wales...Overall winners - wouldn't mind the All Blacks - some amazing rugby so far.

And I still hope for Ireland to get out!

Will still cheer for some of the lesser nations or hope that they do alright - they have brought a lot to this World Cup and have seemed to enjoy it...Also helps that they have been very passionate! It's great that they are there.

🤪

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

copacetic wrote:
    so you'll be shouting for them against us on Sunday?.

well yes.......ireland don't deserve to be in WC quater finals

you must be nuts to think they have been exciting or creative, at all, never
    mind more than everyone else.

don't quite get ya??.........you don't think they're an exciting team?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Argentina

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'm not gay in the slightest, but I'm weak at the knees for Argentinian Full Back/Out Half JM Hernandez. He's an amzing player and an amazing cut of a man.
    Check him out making one of the best tackles ever on Somoan brute Tuilagi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wZArJ0IaJo

Also, check out this raunchy photshoot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2LI5cWpCG0&mode=related&search=

If Ireland go out as expected I'll be cheering on JM and the rest of the Argies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

I will be supporting Ireland until Argentina get their bonus point, then I'll be cheering them on for the rest of the tournament.

jayteecork wrote:
    I'm not gay in the slightest, but I'm weak at the knees

well maybe you're confused;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

philstar wrote:
    well maybe you're confused;)

Admit it - when you see JM on the pitch you think to yourself "Now that's a fine looking fella"

jayteecork wrote:
    Admit it - when you see JM on the pitch you think to yourself "Now that's a fine looking fella"

no i don't, not into diagos ;)

is your name nigel owens bye any chance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

jayteecork wrote:
    I'm not gay in the slightest, but I'm weak at the knees for Argentinian Full Back/Out Half JM Hernandez. He's an amzing player and an amazing cut of a man.
    Check him out making one of the best tackles ever on Somoan brute Tuilagi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wZArJ0IaJo

The pink jerseys are a bit of a giveaway tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'll be supporting the Boks once Ireland are confirmed as out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 admsitio

Argentina (Los Pumas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yeah, the Argies.

But not until Ireland have played them.

admsitio wrote:
    Argentina (Los Pumas)

Las pumas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

obl wrote:
    Las pumas
    Los Pumas! ;)

http://www.uar.com.ar/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

RuggieBear wrote:

I certainly would not refer to them in the feminine down a dark alley!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'll also be chearing for the pumas

Meh, una puma meams a puma. I guess it's cause their a group of guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

France

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 admsitio

Why "The Pumas" or "Los Pumas"(in spanish)

In 1965, the Argentine Rugby Team makes a tour by Rodhesia and South Africa, gains 11 of the 16 disputed parties and the 19 of June gain an historical victory over juniors Springboks by 11 to the 6 in the Ellis Parks stadium. In this tour they are baptized "Pumas" by the South African press, since the reporter of the weekly magazine "The Weekly Farmers" called thus because of the "Yaguareté" of the shield.

40.gif

The "Yaguareté" (jaguar or Panthera onca) is a New World mammal of the Felidae family and one of four "big cats" in the Panthera genus, along with the tiger, the lion and the leopard of the Old World. The jaguar is the third-largest feline after the tiger and the lion, and on average the largest and most powerful feline in the Western Hemisphere. The jaguar's present range extends from Mexico (with occasional sightings in the southwestern United States) across much of Central America and south to Paraguay and northern Argentina.

225px-Standing_jaguar.jpg

The "Puma" (Cougar - Puma concolor), also Puma, Mountain Lion, or Panther, is a mammal of the Felidae family, native to the Americas. This large, solitary cat has the greatest range of any wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere,[3] extending from Yukon in Canada to the southern Andes of South America. An adaptable, generalist species, the Cougar is found in every major New World habitat type. It is the second heaviest cat in the New World, after the Jaguar, and the fourth heaviest in the world, after the Tiger, Lion, and Jaguar, although it is most closely related to smaller felines.

225px-CMM_MountainLion.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I'll be supporting Australia. This is because I have some family connections there.

But of course I will be shouting for Ireland for as far as they go in the tournament. It makes for tough viewing at the moment but that is what being a fan is all about - you gotta stick by your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Any 6N team. I don't expect them to win, but I don't feel the need to support someone because I think they'll win. I don't like the smugness of the Southern Hemisphere fans I've detected browsing the web (Silver Fern and the like).
    As far as the Argies are concerned, I don't think they've been one bit creative or exciting to watch. It's like watching a less impressive version of the England team of four years ago. All bashing away with forwards with a few decent backs and a brilliant fly half. They caught France cold and hammered teams that should be hammered. We'll probably not do much damage to them, but that's another story. Should've been a tough win for us instead of a probable hiding.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Argentina for me, then France - only because I think it's better for the game if it doesn't go to a tri-nations team again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I will be supporting Ireland. I will shout for whoever performs best in each match when we are knocked out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I shall be supporting Ireland to the bitter end. After that I am just hoping to see some cracking games of rugby in the knockout stages of the tournament.

(With a soft spot for the NH teams and the Argies)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Ireland, and after Ireland go out I wont be cheering for anyone!

I will watch the rest of the games, as an interested neutral :)

I really dont understand the need to be 'up' for somone in every game/sport/league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Ireland of course. Couldn't care less who wins it once we're out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

philstar wrote:
    So that begs the question who to shout for now??

Ah, the fair weather fan. Hang your head in shame, we'll be shouting for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭patmac

Of course, I will be shouting for Ireland but on the off chance they just might not make the Quarter-Finals, I shall be also cheering on the €60 a week Tongans against Les Anglais, also I hope the French do well as despite charging obscene amounts of money for beer they were very gracious hosts over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

For the development of the game I will be cheering on Tonga to beat England and hopefully Australia which they won't as I think Australia may will the WC.
    Then the Italians to beat Scotland and get into the Quarters. But overall Argentina as I think the game needs it.

Advertisement